Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

18650 drone build

Gus92

Reaction score
interested in building a drone with a 18650 battery i already purchased the frame a fly fox nano 3 18650 toothpick frame (3mm)if anyone has any tips they are willing to share or maybe a link with some information on how to get started i would highly appreciate it I'm looking forward to setting it up with a dji runcam link because I already have both dji controller and goggles I'm wondering if the battery will need any special precaution or can I just wire it to the flight controller?

Where to start.
This might be way to basic but I'll start from the bottom.
Is it brushless? If so it needs ESCs. ESC stands for electronic speed controller and you need 1 for each motor. You could have a 4 in 1 which is 4 ESCs on one board. You can get an all in one (aio) which has 4 ESCs and the flight controller (fc) in one. If you have separate ESCs you need a power distribution board (pdb) which has a power supply (bec) for the flight controller and pads for the
ESCs to get direct battery voltage. If you have a 4 in 1 you solder the battery leads to the ESC and the ESC plugs into the FC. If you have an AlO you solder the battery leads directly to the board. Yes there are loads of acronyms, the hobby itself is an acronym.

You can connect a DJI unit to a FC and use it like a receiver.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Young_Kinslee23232