Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

360 Servo insted of brushless motor and ESC

barnes

Reaction score
Just need to know whether it would be fine to connect 360 Rotation Servos in place of brushless motors and ESCs on a Flight controller

Attachments

• ServotoFlightController.png
    ServotoFlightController.png
    115.4 KB · Views: 4
That would very likely depend on whether the flight controller's firmware is able to support servos and you know how to configure them. BetaFlight has a tab for servos but I have never made use of it.

I could simply just try the 360 servos on the flight controller. I don't have this data from any flight controller as to what signal is actually sent out from the flight controller to the ESC which in turn controls the brushless motor. Actually I am using a flight controller in a submarine project with 6 motors. I could go through the normal route, ie use 6 brushless motors(without the propellers) together with the 6 x ESCs plugged into the flight controller. But the issue I have here is that the brushless motors rotation speed is far beyond my requirements. I need the speed to be drastically reduced to around 40RPM - 60 RPM. I could add small gearboxes onto these brushless motors, but that would require much more work and space. Thus I was thinking of using 360 Servos as an alternative to the brushless motors and gearboxes. And I could also do away with ESCs. Does anyone have this data ( the signal out from the flight controller.)? I dont think we need the flight controller to "know" that the motor is a servo. It should still think that it is an ESC with a brushless motor.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanykcz