Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

85mm Whoop rebuild with new RunCam Split 4 Whoop Version

• Thread starter Deleted member 3641
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3641

This is a 85mm whoop using the RunCam Split 4 Nano 4k Whoop Edition Camera/DVR shooting at 2.7k. This is the raw video without any processing. I am impressed with this little camera which comes in at a hair over ten grams for camera/board/dvr. I am getting a little jello but that is with some rather beat up props. My next test will be at 4k with new props.
Using a 3s 300mAh battery, I am getting between 5 to 5 1/2 mins flight time... The quad weighs about 50 grams without the battery.

I am posting the exact same file at 2.7k on Youtube and Vimeo. When I view the two, the one on Youtube looks all pixelated and the one on Vimeo looks much closer to what I see viewing the actual file on my computer. I think I will use Vimeo from now on...

Youtube version.

Vimeo version.

Do you see a difference?

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a 85mm whoop using the RunCam Split 4 Nano 4k Whoop Edition Camera/DVR shooting at 2.7k. This is the raw video without any processing. I am impressed with this little camera which comes in at a hair over ten grams for camera/board/dvr. I am getting a little jello but that is with some rather beat up props. My next test will be at 4k with new props.
Using a 3s 300mAh battery, I am getting between 5 to 5 1/2 mins flight time... The quad weighs about 50 grams without the battery.

I am posting the exact same file at 2.7k on Youtube and Vimeo. When I view the two, the one on Youtube looks all pixelated and the one on Vimeo looks much closer to what I see viewing the actual file on my computer. I think I will use Vimeo from now on...

Youtube version.

Vimeo version.

Do you see a difference?
I sometimes see the same thing. I upscale the video before posting up to YouTube and it see to help.

Reactions: Deleted member 3641
@ebeez
What I notice most is the ground and detail always looks mushy on Youtube. The detail looks much cleaner on Vimeo. I think Youtube compresses it too much because they have so much more volume to store on their servers.
I posted it at 2.7k and I am on a slower internet connection so uploading at 4k would take many hours to upload a 4 to 5 min video....
Just the minute and a half video above took over half an hour to upload at 2.7k.
I think Vimeo just looks alot better and will most likely stick with them.

Reactions: ebeez
@ebeez
What I notice most is the ground and detail always looks mushy on Youtube. The detail looks much cleaner on Vimeo. I think Youtube compresses it too much because they have so much more volume to store on their servers.
I posted it at 2.7k and I am on a slower internet connection so uploading at 4k would take many hours to upload a 4 to 5 min video....
Just the minute and a half video above took over half an hour to upload at 2.7k.
I think Vimeo just looks alot better and will most likely stick with them.
Agree with you on that one!! I also have a Vimeo account and can support what you are seeing as well!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adax