Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Accelerometer Calibration Issue.

RandallEdick

Reaction score
I have the Xilo F4 FC. In Betaflight when I execute Calibrate Accelerometer, it returns after about 1 second, if I can get it to run at all. After the drone is then "jittery" (shows imaginary angle movements as if iterating through various rotations.) when it sits flat on the table. Picking up the drone the motions are correct for pitch and roll, but not yaw. it's also very slow to respond. Brand new data cable. Any ideas other than just replace the FC?

Last edited:
I have the Xilo F4 FC. In Betaflight when I execute Calibrate Accelerometer, it returns after about 1 second, if I can get it to run at all. After the drone is then "jittery" (shows imaginary angle movements as if iterating through various rotations.) when it sits flat on the table. Picking up the drone the motions are correct for pitch and roll, but not yaw. it's also very slow to respond. Brand new data cable. Any ideas other than just replace the FC?
Maybe try betaflight on a different device? This sounds crazy but my chromebook has worked more steadily across all drones but on my pc I can't use cli commands on 3 of my drones.

In Betaflight on the first screen there is the large window showing the quad. Set your quad on the table level with the front facing away from you. In the upper right corner, click the reset the Z axis button. See if that helps correct the way the yaw displays.

Maybe try betaflight on a different device? This sounds crazy but my chromebook has worked more steadily across all drones but on my pc I can't use cli commands on 3 of my drones.
Yes, I suspect my PC has a problem. It really slows down, when running Betaflight, sometimes it can't pull data from the drone. After a while it's nonresponsive and I have to reboot. tried both my USB ports. Goggled to see if Betaflight has a memory leak, but found nothing. Hate having to go buy another PC. Thank You FowlPlay.

In Betaflight on the first screen there is the large window showing the quad. Set your quad on the table level with the front facing away from you. In the upper right corner, click the reset the Z axis button. See if that helps correct the way the yaw displays.
Thanks Johnny, tried it, no cigar. I suspect my PC is having issues. Going to try a Mac. If not the PC, I think it's a bad FC.

Replaced the FC, calibration now worked, but flashing the firmware now failed. What a miserable waste of time this has been.

Not a waste of time. Look at all the fun you have had learning new things. Also, the time spent has kept you off the streets where you would probably just get in trouble anyway.😇

• Haha
Reactions: RandallEdick
And you have spare parts now! I think I have a couple builds worth of spare parts by now lol

Not a waste of time. Look at all the fun you have had learning new things. Also, the time spent has kept you off the streets where you would probably just get in trouble anyway.😇
Yes, I was really enjoying building the drone, but I'm not buying yet another stack. Don't see how it could be anything I did,, I can't trust the hardware. Cutting my loses and getting out. Really disappointed, because I was looking forward to this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happypapaya