Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Adhesive advise

tdtd

Reaction score
I need to adhere an antenna wire to my flight controller board. I believe the end is named UFL or MMCX. It snaps on and can rotate. The old one had a brownish blue on it that was very strong, but I could cut it away easily with an exacto and or a fingernail. I soldered it on once, and it broke off after a few dozen crashes probably due to weight. I hot glued them together once and it came apart 100% due to weight. $50 a pop per incident. This wire attaches to the bottom of the board and needs a good adhesive. I would like a super adhesive that I can potentially remove if needed and friendly to the antenna connection. Any recommendations?

I need to adhere an antenna wire to my flight controller board. I believe the end is named UFL or MMCX. It snaps on and can rotate. The old one had a brownish blue on it that was very strong, but I could cut it away easily with an exacto and or a fingernail. I soldered it on once, and it broke off after a few dozen crashes probably due to weight. I hot glued them together once and it came apart 100% due to weight. $50 a pop per incident. This wire attaches to the bottom of the board and needs a good adhesive. I would like a super adhesive that I can potentially remove if needed and friendly to the antenna connection. Any recommendations?
MMCX
U.fl
I use liquid electrical tape which is a great adhesive, non conductive and fairly easy to remove if you need to. I’m fairly good at road testing products like these as I hit pretty much anything in a vertical state.

I use UV glue, it settles into spots rather well... like around this antenna, and once hit with UV light it hardens but still is rubbery a bit. It comes off easier if you need to replace the antenna but holds well enough. I like its lack of permanence!
heres an old video.. turns out antenna like this is all I use it for now. Not against TPU (doesnt stick) like in this vid but ....around that antenna and board it what I use. Its great for insulating small areas quickly.

Last edited:
Another vote for liquid electrical tape. Just the right amount of "stick" while still being removable. Dries pretty quickly, too.

MMCX
U.fl
I use liquid electrical tape which is a great adhesive, non conductive and fairly easy to remove if you need to. I’m fairly good at road testing products like these as I hit pretty much anything in a vertical state.

I went with the liquid electrical tape. I applied it to all three of my drones. It looks good, and I think it will work. Great recommendation, thanks a lot

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax