Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Analog antenna for DJI RE goggles with micro quad

dsmith76

Reaction score
I have an EMAX TinyHawk 2 and I use DJI Racing Edition goggles and a Taranis QX7 RC. I get very poor reception when flying inside my house. The TinyHawk 2 just has a little wire antenna sticking out of it. I am just using the DJI goggle antennas that come with it. Can anyone suggest a better goggles antenna to improve the signal? Thanks

Get a proper antenna for the Tinyhawk. Those wire antennas are rubbish.

I have an EMAX TinyHawk 2 and I use DJI Racing Edition goggles and a Taranis QX7 RC. I get very poor reception when flying inside my house. The TinyHawk 2 just has a little wire antenna sticking out of it. I am just using the DJI goggle antennas that come with it. Can anyone suggest a better goggles antenna to improve the signal? Thanks
If your getting poor video reception, you might want to increase the vtx power to 200mw if you have not yet done so. Also there are two antennas on the TH2, one that sticks out the back, that is your receiver that connects to your transmitter and the a thicker black one sticking out the side, which is for your video. If you getting disconnects\failsafes from your receiver to your transmitter you might have cut the antenna that sticks out the back.(If that is the case take a picture of the antenna and post it so that we can see if any part is missing). You also might want to change video channels since you could have interference on the one your on. Make sure you have a omni directional antenna like this.

If your getting poor video reception, you might want to increase the vtx power to 200mw if you have not yet done so. Also there are two antennas on the TH2, one that sticks out the back, that is your receiver that connects to your transmitter and the a thicker black one sticking out the side, which is for your video. If you getting disconnects\failsafes from your receiver to your transmitter you might have cut the antenna that sticks out the back.(If that is the case take a picture of the antenna and post it so that we can see if any part is missing). You also might want to change video channels since you could have interference on the one your on. Make sure you have a omni directional antenna like this.
32E169E1-0A99-4D7D-B8E5-C9688244DB90.jpeg

I found the video antenna--the black one. Looks like it has been damaged, so I have been studying youtube videos on how to replace it. Thanks for your help.

Please share your solution with pics. Have same problem
My solution was to buy the Eachine EV800D goggles which 6 months ago cost $100. Much better reception, easier to use, and now I can at least fly around the inside of my house. I could never get the DJI RE goggles to work well on analog. I use them now mainly on simulators fora very immersive flying experience.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax