Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Another Mavic forum transplant

Tomk_

Reaction score
Hi there. I'm another one of those that has been inspired by the DJI FPV. However, it looks to squishy to me. I've gone the other route. I'm currently awaiting the arrival of my parts to build a Tyro119.

I have no FPV experience but I have had an X7 microlite for several years so I'm familiar with controls. I also have spent time with the DRL simulator so hopefully I will be able to transition to the goggles by the time I get the quad built. Once I get the feel for that... I want to build a 3 or 4" with caged props that I can fly indoors and chase the grandkids with like I do with the X7.

Ultimately I think I'm going to want a long range camera drone that I can look for cows on 4000 acres of forested range land. I have a few ideas that are probably not feasible... but that is a long term goal that is off in the future.

Obviously, I'm going to need some help along the way so here I am.

Hi there. I'm another one of those that has been inspired by the DJI FPV. However, it looks to squishy to me. I've gone the other route. I'm currently awaiting the arrival of my parts to build a Tyro119.

I have no FPV experience but I have had an X7 microlite for several years so I'm familiar with controls. I also have spent time with the DRL simulator so hopefully I will be able to transition to the goggles by the time I get the quad built. Once I get the feel for that... I want to build a 3 or 4" with caged props that I can fly indoors and chase the grandkids with like I do with the X7.

Ultimately I think I'm going to want a long range camera drone that I can look for cows on 4000 acres of forested range land. I have a few ideas that are probably not feasible... but that is a long term goal that is off in the future.

Obviously, I'm going to need some help along the way so here I am.
Well firstly welcome to the forum/addiction. Since you are already familiar with quads, building your own will be very rewarding especially the skills you’ll learn both on the tools and programming when you’re finished. Much better proposition than buying off the shelf and wondering what to do when you inevitably crash it. Not sure if you have a transmitter as yet but there are many good ones out there. Pick one with Open Tx on it (radiomaster tx16s for example) so that you can bind your future quads with it and not worry about multiple transmitters with each new quad. As for goggles, again there are quite a few options out there. Many here on this forum like the EV800D as they are a true diversity setup and good value for money.
Dependent on your budget, you can go ballistic with your setup but in this hobby the investment sits on your head and around your neck so try not to go cheap on these parts of the hobby.
If you are looking at going digital somewhere in the future, be prepared to open up your wallet. I flew analogue for a few years before making the switch but by that time I was already committed and way down the rabbit hole.
Good luck!

Reactions: dirkclod and okw
Welcome to the forum ?

Thanks for the welcome.

As far as transmitters... I intend to upgrade to the Radiomaster tx16s. I currently have the LiteRadio 2 SE that I use on simulator and thought I'd give that a go at first.
I intended to purchase the EV800D, but I got my "stimulus" check so my Cobra X goggles will be here on Monday.

Reactions: dirkclod

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larcas