Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Antenna Upgrades

Cheb2703

Reaction score
Hi all. I am looking to upgrade my stock antenna both VTX and Rx. My VTX is the lumeneir lux mini 25-800. My goggles are the eachine ev800d. I was thinking about getting two VAS Ions for the omni on the drone and the other on goggles and getting a Pepperbox patch too. I am looking to go a couple miles. 3 or so would be awesome.

As for rx, I do not really know. I have the Taranis qx7 and a frysky R-XSR 2.4 micro receiver on the quad. All stock antennas. I do not really know much so recommendations for upgrades? I would guess I have to go crossfire and maybe a module? The crossfire module is so stupid expensive though.
Thanks!

Crossfire micro is under $80, it's worth it for the confidence. I love VAS, I'm running a Crosshair extreme and a skyhammer. The minion pro is a great omni too.

Antenna placement on the quad is key for video distance .High and away is best.

Oh, and get a Hellgate or some other kind of beeper, it's saved my quads a few times

Well I use the VAS Crosshair Extreme for my patch and a Lumenier AXii 2 long range as the Omni on the quad and goggles and I can go as far as I want. I use FrSky R9m for the transmitter and I am very happy. If you get the older R9m module and R9mm receivers saves a lot of money and get 1w output power.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fducloux