Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Authorization Zone alert on phone screen but not in goggles

akdrone

Reaction score
I recently pulled up the video from my phone recording of a flight. Overlayed on the video is an alert that there is an authorization zone nearby and a warning that entering it may cause the aircraft to exit flight mode and hover. It asks me if I want to unlock the area. Luckily I didn't fly into that zone. Would the FPV drone simply stop and hover, freezing me from control entirely? The alert did not show up in my goggles so how in the world would I have seen that while flying? Your thoughts?

I recently pulled up the video from my phone recording of a flight. Overlayed on the video is an alert that there is an authorization zone nearby and a warning that entering it may cause the aircraft to exit flight mode and hover. It asks me if I want to unlock the area. Luckily I didn't fly into that zone. Would the FPV drone simply stop and hover, freezing me from control entirely? The alert did not show up in my goggles so how in the world would I have seen that while flying? Your thoughts?
It's funny you mention this. I use goggles for my Inspire 1. The goggles are directly connected to the HDMI port and give me full telemetry information. But, as you said, they don't give any warnings. I know for a fact that DJI apps have a lot to do with flight restrictions. What I haven't tried yet, which I'm sure will work, is to fly without an iPad and just the goggles. No iPad = no app. No app = no restrictions. It would be an interesting experiment.

I personally have hacked all the restrictions out of all my DJI drones and DJI apps, but I still get the warnings on the screen. It would be interesting to see if you could "head the restrictions off at the pass" by not even connecting an iPad.

Of course, you still need the iPad to clear the MicroSD card and set exposure and color space, etc. But one CAN control these things via the RC. You just don't get any user feedback like EV value. It would be an interesting experiment.

I use FatShark Dominator V3 goggles. I've had them for quite a few years now and still absolutely love them.

D

Last edited:
It's funny you mention this. I use goggles for my Inspire 1. The goggles are directly connected to the HDMI port and give me full telemetry information. But, as you said, they don't give any warnings. I know for a fact that DJI apps have a lot to do with flight restrictions. What I haven't tried yet, which I'm sure will work, is to fly without an iPad and just the goggles. No iPad = no app. No app = no restrictions. It would be an interesting experiment.

I personally have hacked all the restrictions out of all my DJI drones and DJI apps, but I still get the warnings on the screen. It would be interesting to see if you could "head the restrictions off at the pass" by not even connecting an iPad.

Of course, you still need the iPad to clear the MicroSD card and set exposure and color space, etc. But one CAN control these things via the RC. You just don't get any user feedback like EV value. It would be an interesting experiment.

I use FatShark Dominator V3 goggles. I've had them for quite a few years now and still absolutely love them.

D
Yea that’s where DJI drones really suck, for the amount of cash you spend it should be up to the pilot if he or she want to be legal or not, the DJI goggles and air unit are awesome, but I’d never purchase one of their drones, I live within 5 mi. of an airport so I’d never be able to fly even if I never get high enough to do any harm. High enough with the drone that is🤪

Yea that’s where DJI drones really suck, for the amount of cash you spend it should be up to the pilot if he or she want to be legal or not, the DJI goggles and air unit are awesome, but I’d never purchase one of their drones, I live within 5 mi. of an airport so I’d never be able to fly even if I never get high enough to do any harm. High enough with the drone that is🤪
My GF lives less than 4 miles from Class D air space. I get the warning every time I take off from anywhere near her house.

1640018315232.png

And here's some irony. Our official AMA air field is about 3.2 miles from a Class D airport.1640018442673.png
As you can imagine, most are flying non-DJI model airplanes and helicopters, but I HAVE seen FPV guys out there lately. Not sure if they're hacking their drones or not. I surely had to hack mine.

D

Attachments

• 1640018440371.png
    1640018440371.png
    6.7 MB · Views: 0
Reactions: AngryPepper
My GF lives less than 4 miles from Class D air space. I get the warning every time I take off from anywhere near her house.

View attachment 5656

And here's some irony. Our official AMA air field is about 3.2 miles from a Class D airport.View attachment 5657
As you can imagine, most are flying non-DJI model airplanes and helicopters, but I HAVE seen FPV guys out there lately. Not sure if they're hacking their drones or not. I surely had to hack mine.

D
Yea, I’d be in the situation as you. That’s awesome that know how to do the hack🤟🏻

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happypapaya