Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Avata Cases

Greatsign1

Reaction score
With the Avata so new there isn't a ton of options. I started out with the DJI Backpack which is OK if I am hiking but was't crazy about how everything just flops around. The best deal I have seen so far is the Skyreat Avata Case
It holds the drone and all the flymore accessories snuggly, is small enought to fit into a backpack, and works real well as a launch pad.

I paid about $45 on Amazon, anyone else find a case they really like?

With the Avata so new there isn't a ton of options. I started out with the DJI Backpack which is OK if I am hiking but was't crazy about how everything just flops around. The best deal I have seen so far is the Skyreat Avata Case
It holds the drone and all the flymore accessories snuggly, is small enought to fit into a backpack, and works real well as a launch pad.

I paid about $45 on Amazon, anyone else find a case they really like?
This case is reasonable small and it has room for both the Motion controller as well as the Remote controller. It holds total of 5 batteries and has a nice storage space under the drone for miscellaneous items. You can see it here: FPVtosky case (Amazon)

I like the FPVtosky too but it is MUCH more expensive than the skyreat so although I have an FPVtosky for my FPV drone I got a Skyreat for my Avata…I have not yet received it but hopefully it’s being held at the post office…

Scrutinized what's available, finally settled on the STARTRC $90 on Amazon:

51QxDvq6sCL._AC_SY1000_.jpg

51+W7ecKblL._AC_SY1000_.jpg

I just received my DJI backpack and I am pleased with it. I have lots of room for my 5 batteries plus two goggle batteries, filters, lens cleaning kit, cables, remote controller 2 etc. The bag is well made and a comfortable size and weight.

Just got my Skyreat delivered. It was cheap so I figured what the heck. I won't say the case is cheap but there is a clear difference in quality between the Skyreat and the PFTosky and GPC and other cases I have. It is perfectly functional but if I were white water rafting or something I'd want a better case. Inasmuch as I am done with that...and carrying it to the car is about all the stress it will get...it will serve it's purpose. I do wish more case makers would provide just a bit more room for more extras like cords, ND filters cleaning cloths and such. I have not looked for ND filters for the Avata but just yesterday was buzzing a freezing river and wondering about filters for a bit of blur...

@akdrone, I can totally relate 🤣🤣

When I got the FPV a year and a half ago, I parted with $150 for the MC-CASES backpack. Oh yeah, at 59 and relatively sedentary, I was going to conquer Mt. Whitney with my FPV and capture the most epic footage.

Something happens when you turn sixty. A bunch of "planned failure" components of the human body don't seem to work as well any more 😁

So, the next generation is gonna have to get those epic shots in Acro from the top of Mt. Whitney. I'm strictly a hard case guy now.

As for the MC cases backpack, if anyone wants it, pay the shipping and it's yours. I'll never use it again, and it has an opportunity cost taking up space. Great case, however!

71invZ2j6XL._AC_SL1498_600x_crop_center.jpg

Reactions: GoodnNuff
I ended up shelling out for the GPC.
They are pricey, but I'm never disappointed with the quality of GPC cases.

You'll never go wrong with GPC. Among the highest quality available, and always well thought out. There's a reason "professional" is in their name: They can take a beating.

Thing is, I can live with something with just a hair less robustness – waterproof if falls in the water and bumped around, reliably so, but couldn't handle the whitewater rafting trip, while the GPC could – and a bit cheaper material and manufacture (hinges, latches, etc.).

To be clear, IMO were talking Porsche vs. BMW here, not vs. Volkswagen or Ford. GPC cases cost more, just like Porsches.

I just want a soft pouch I can throw in my other backpack :(

Skyreat has come up with a really nice case! The case if very solid and the foam is perfectly cut out for all the parts. They fix just right, not to tight and not loose at all. You could throw this around in your car or truck and really not have to worry about it all. The latches are lock down, so you have to pull down before lifting up on them, preventing it from accidently opening up. I think they really put a lot of thought into building this case. As you can see in one of my pics, the case is big enough to act as a launch pad, especially for when out in the field (I would hand grab it to land). On the inside you can hold up to 5 batteries! One on the drone and four in the case. They have spots for everything too. Including the small charger and the Fly More 4 bay charger. All the cords and extra propellers can also go under the drone. You can put everything you own for the AVATA into this case making it perfect as a storage case and field case. I am just thoroughly impressed with this case, well worth it to me.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 6
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 7
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 7
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 7
I received my case from Skyreat today and I am sure impressed. The foam is a very nice, has high density and is form fitting. I love it because the RC controller fits also. I can’t wait until I get it soon. I have no doubt that the case will handle anything I throw at it. Highly recommended!

Attachments

• DB496E69-4850-421D-9D22-FD96FF0D9581.jpeg
    DB496E69-4850-421D-9D22-FD96FF0D9581.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 7
  • A206A4FC-DC34-497E-B52E-3866B2D7DBC4.jpeg
    A206A4FC-DC34-497E-B52E-3866B2D7DBC4.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 7
Reactions: dronetechprops
@cpn_333 tell us about those props...

Hello. They are Dronetech props I got on Amazon. After a full week of flying, I love them. It is easier to see in the sky and looks really cool. Great replacement props. Highly recommend!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax