Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Avata Crash and Terrifying Aftermath

escline

Reaction score
Let me start this off by saying this was 4 months ago. After it happened, I was a little put off about flying it again, as it could have been much worse had there actually been people around or cars. I did fly it again a few months after, without incident, but when I recently tried to get the latest flight videos off the SD card, they were corrupt. So I went ahead and sent it back under the Care Refresh program just to make sure it wasn't defective or broken. Also, I was using the new Motion Controller 2, and just recently found out that to shut off the motors in an emergency, you should press the lock button 4 times quickly. I wish I had known this at the time of my crash. I for sure know now!

I've also looked through the flight log. After the crash, and "Impact Detected," the Avata was reporting "Impact detected. Aircraft landed. Restart aircraft. Sensor error." It was most definitely NOT landed.

Let me start this off by saying this was 4 months ago. After it happened, I was a little put off about flying it again, as it could have been much worse had there actually been people around or cars. I did fly it again a few months after, without incident, but when I recently tried to get the latest flight videos off the SD card, they were corrupt. So I went ahead and sent it back under the Care Refresh program just to make sure it wasn't defective or broken. Also, I was using the new Motion Controller 2, and just recently found out that to shut off the motors in an emergency, you should press the lock button 4 times quickly. I wish I had known this at the time of my crash. I for sure know now!

I've also looked through the flight log. After the crash, and "Impact Detected," the Avata was reporting "Impact detected. Aircraft landed. Restart aircraft. Sensor error." It was most definitely NOT landed.
I’ve had 2-3 crashed with my Avata as well. Saw sensor error message. I looked it over turned it off back on and it was good to go.

I had the exact same thing happen to me. Complete loss of control and it just disappeared at speed into the woods. Luckily no one around and no damage done, I hit the beeper and managed to find it. Quickly moved onto proper Fpv drones after that and never looked back!

Reactions: Dan

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kylst18