Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Avata (goggles 2) cooling fan error - over heating

o2ez

Reaction score
Have many people experienced this?

20230113_195724.jpg

Avata has been working well for the last 2 months. Last week I noticed this error while flying and didn't think much of it. Tried to fly this week and noticed it straight away, within 10s of powering on the goggles. The heat sinks on top are hot to touch and no audible noise from the fans.

I have only around 2 hours total use on these goggles....

Anyway, I contacted DJI who directed me to the national approved service centre, who told me they only will repair if I bought from them directly and I should return to place of purchase.... Which seems to go against manufacturers warranty?

Can't seem to find many others with this issue so thought I'd pipe up and see if others have had success getting the fan to work again. Have tried factory reset and firmware update etc etc etc.

I let my avata sit too long and got a over heated message but not my goggles . But now that you mentioned it
I don't hear any fan in my goggles either , or the drone . I love flying the Avata but this may be a case of getting
out for sell before all the bugs are fixed .

I let my avata sit too long and got a over heated message but not my goggles . But now that you mentioned it
I don't hear any fan in my goggles either , or the drone . I love flying the Avata but this may be a case of getting
out for sell before all the bugs are fixed .
The Avata itself has no cooling fan. The Goggles 2 have a fan and I have had mine come on only occasionally after extended use. I can't speak for the original Goggles V2.

WIth any product isolated problems will occur. From what I've been reading so far, the Avata's record is fairly good. What I don't like is when companies release products with firmware that is only partially complete, forcing you to update to get the features you should have had from the beginning.

Goggles 2 also have a fan, but haven't read of any other report of it failing so far. Probably either got a defective unit or it got plugged by something getting into vents...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happypapaya