Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Avata propellers keep breaking

solidhouse

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Is anyone else having issues with the Avata’s propellers breaking? It’s happened 3 different times to me while flying in manual mode. The propeller completely shears off from the shaft leaving only the screws behind. Does anyone know of some aftermarket propellers which may be stronger?

Thanks,

SH

Reactions: GoodnNuff
No issues here, still on the original set even with several crashes getting stuff tangled into them.

Same. No failures in any mode.

Hello everyone,

Is anyone else having issues with the Avata’s propellers breaking? It’s happened 3 different times to me while flying in manual mode. The propeller completely shears off from the shaft leaving only the screws behind. Does anyone know of some aftermarket propellers which may be stronger?

Thanks,

SH
Check the edges of the prop guards. One issue with the Avata is that the prop guards are malleable. If any of them are out of round, that may be causing the issue. If the inside edges of the guards are grooved, that would be another tell.

I have had that happen once in manual mode. I replaced it and no problems as of yet. But I did try master airscrew 4 blade set they seem to be good they run alot more quite. No more power or speed but they feel stronger then stock.

Check the edges of the prop guards. One issue with the Avata is that the prop guards are malleable. If any of them are out of round, that may be causing the issue. If the inside edges of the guards are grooved, that would be another tell.
Thats a good idea of were to start👍

Something would have to get stuck in the prop or an impact cause the prop to impact the guard to cause that. It's better the prop shear off than the motor fry itself because it could not move. Any t-mount prop would do this under locked rotor conditions.

Shawn from drone photography or similar YouTube site just published a video where he clearly shows the prop has broken in half just before his drone hits the water, not recovered.
He was in sports mode, the drone had about 20 flights, and still had the original props.
He can't explain why, not a bird strike, overtightened or blade hitting something and breaking. Seems they break in the middle.

Shawn from drone photography or similar YouTube site just published a video where he clearly shows the prop has broken in half just before his drone hits the water, not recovered.
He was in sports mode, the drone had about 20 flights, and still had the original props.
He can't explain why, not a bird strike, overtightened or blade hitting something and breaking. Seems they break in the middle.
I have two fpv drones in addition to the Avata with t mount props. I have busted props off of both of them. My cinelog 20, something got stuck in the prop and locked it up. My ducted green hornet, I smacked a wall and the duct contacted a prop and at high speed the impact was enough to lock the prop up and rip off the prop.

Looking at the Air Photography video I'm guessing that was a rear prop considering the drone would have been pitched forward. There's a chance the SD card door was not properly seated and opened during flight. That would be enough to bind up a prop.

Air photography, thanks. Good call, he has pretty large fingers, so possibly the door.

No, bad call after rethink. The broken prop in Air Photography came from the RHS. On the Avata, the sd slot is on the left rear, so it can't be the door.

In addition to Shawn, I’m aware of 3 other pilots whose drones crashed with the same original props sheared of just as described. I haven’t had any incidents, but have decided to install Masterair props. I’ve been flying drones since 2013, and have always recommended the OEM, but as a result of hearing and seeing the sheared props with the screws still attached, I’ve decided different in this case.

Ken Dono (OriginaldoBo) just did a live a live stream the other night on "Exploding Avata Props". It seems they are snapping right at the hub in midlight due to an apparent design flaw. He suggests replacing the OEM props with either MAS or Gemfan props.

Just received the 3-blade MAS props yesterday evening, gonna give them a shot today!

Hello everyone,

Thanks,

SH
No, I have not had that issue

Reactions: rktman

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax