Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Avata: Sunset in 10 bit!

Live My Journey

Reaction score
The newly gained abilities to record video in 10 bit in the dcinelike profile as well as the ability to turn off the very destructive in camera noise reduction resul in us getting amazing improvement in the Avatas image quality. This is quite a extreme example as in this video I'm flying in conditions that normally are unsuitable for small cameras attached to fpv drones. Don't get me wrong. Image out of the camera isn't perfect in low light but the fact we can clean it up in post is a big win.

Filght conducted with motion controller.

Video settings: 30 fps, auto exposure with Max iso set to 6400, sharpness and noise reduction -2, dcinelike. Shot with wide fov and eis disabled. Stabilised in gyroflow.

Most shots set to 130% speed with some added motion blur. Denoised and sharpened in DaVinci Resolve Studio.

Reactions: Shaznoid
Quite a bit of work and the output is great in my eyes. How did you find flying with 30FPS? I have not tried it yet, just gave in an updated yesterday afternoon.

You mention the motion controller. I find the controller boring to fly with compared to the standard remote but I also find I produce way better video using it. Basically, I need a lot of work with the standard remote. Ha. I feel like your video shows how smooth it can be.

Quite a bit of work and the output is great in my eyes. How did you find flying with 30FPS? I have not tried it yet, just gave in an updated yesterday afternoon.

You mention the motion controller. I find the controller boring to fly with compared to the standard remote but I also find I produce way better video using it. Basically, I need a lot of work with the standard remote. Ha. I feel like your video shows how smooth it can be.
Thanks for the comment. It may seem like I put a lot of work into the post processing but aside for render time it doesn't take much longer to add all these effects the to write about them. It's easy when you have done it before. I'm a newbie to fpv and while I practice with manual on a symulator im still not confident enough for such a flight. Tbh MC fulfills 80% of my expectations. I think that dumb break button should have always been a stick that lets you modify the flight to add some roll and ascend / descend. But for cinematic flight that is bird like it's more then enough and I suppose still a bit fun without being terrifying.

The newly gained abilities to record video in 10 bit in the dcinelike profile as well as the ability to turn off the very destructive in camera noise reduction resul in us getting amazing improvement in the Avatas image quality. This is quite a extreme example as in this video I'm flying in conditions that normally are unsuitable for small cameras attached to fpv drones. Don't get me wrong. Image out of the camera isn't perfect in low light but the fact we can clean it up in post is a big win.

Filght conducted with motion controller.

Video settings: 30 fps, auto exposure with Max iso set to 6400, sharpness and noise reduction -2, dcinelike. Shot with wide fov and eis disabled. Stabilised in gyroflow.

Most shots set to 130% speed with some added motion blur. Denoised and sharpened in DaVinci Resolve Studio.
Great footage and flight!

Reactions: Live My Journey
Beautiful.
I make sure to pop over to YouTube to give these videos a 👍, too bad the embedded player doesn't give you the option (presumably to prevent abuse).

Reactions: Live My Journey

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax