Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Avata unstable

alfo2010

Reaction score
I started setting up my Avata a couple of days ago and I think that I got all the setting right, but the Avata keeps dipping back and forth left to right, the roll isn’t extreme, but I would say unstable and not producing useable footage. I have calibrated the Avata and goggles and flown in both rock steady and horizontal without success. Any ideas as to what the problem may be. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Al

Haven't had any issues as described. Can you post a video showing what's going on? Also, what controller and mode are you flying with/in?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Kilrah
I started setting up my Avata a couple of days ago and I think that I got all the setting right, but the Avata keeps dipping back and forth left to right, the roll isn’t extreme, but I would say unstable and not producing useable footage. I have calibrated the Avata and goggles and flown in both rock steady and horizontal without success. Any ideas as to what the problem may be. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Al
What were the winds at the time?

Reactions: Greg Vos
Keep in mind the goggles will always show the real view of the camera. It wont modify the view based on the stabilization mode you select, that is only in the output video file. I assume you have looked at the video from the SD and determined it's not stable. If you have and it's still an issue, not sure. Mine has been as expected.

Reactions: Kilrah
My bad. I was interested in helping. I assumed the thread was a "hey I'm really trying to figure this out" type of thing.

Kudos for trying to help!

One day is a bit quick to zombie a thread 😆

There are more and more videos on YouTube about the Avata's stability "problems". I've watched only one but I've noticed a couple more. The one I watched replaced his motors to help prevent the stability problems. He was an extreme flyer using manual mode. So... the gist I'm trying to make is there seems to be what extreme FPV flyers consider a problem or a weakness. You might want to watch the 2nd half of the video to get an idea of what he is talking about.

@pedz I may do that upgrade, looks pretty easy. Worth it for the quicker climbing. Only thing I'd be a little concerned about is if the ESCs can handle the additional power.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happypapaya