Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Best Cinematic FPV BNF?

S.H

Reaction score
Hello, I was wondering what are some recommendations in what drone should I choose for cinematic FPV? Also, what frame size is good, and should I buy a BNF or build one?

What is your FPV knowledge and skill level?
I think i am pretty decent. As far as knowledge, I know some of the core components, but I mostly fly for cinematics. As far as skill level, I think I am mid-range as I have over 20 hours in the sim, and am thinking of getting a FPV drone for cinematic FPV.

I'm an avid fan of GEPRC products but I would also ask yourself, what are you looking to film? I like a hybrid of being able to fly both indoors and outdoors so I love my Cinebot 30(3"). That being said, if chasing cars or if primarily outdoors you can always get a 5" like the Mark V. Typically anything indoors or below 15-20mph, I tend to use my 3"(ducted, below .55 lbs, easy to control unless gusting above 15mph, can squeeze through tight spots). Anything above that I'm usually on my 5". Each size/weight tends to have their own purpose in my arsenal.

I'm an avid fan of GEPRC products but I would also ask yourself, what are you looking to film? I like a hybrid of being able to fly both indoors and outdoors so I love my Cinebot 30(3"). That being said, if chasing cars or if primarily outdoors you can always get a 5" like the Mark V. Typically anything indoors or below 15-20mph, I tend to use my 3"(ducted, below .55 lbs, easy to control unless gusting above 15mph, can squeeze through tight spots). Anything above that I'm usually on my 5". Each size/weight tends to have their own purpose in my arsenal.
I am mostly outdoors, the MarkV seems like a good option, I just have a question. IS GPS needed? I am just afraid to lose the drone and use gps to tell me where to go. Also, iflight seems like a good competitor to Geprc, how does the MarkV compare to the nazgul evoque f5dv2?

iFlight makes great products as well. I've heard the Evoque and Mark V are comparable but I know the evoque has been at the top of a lot of peoples list for awhile. GPS is purely up to you but if you go that route, you'll most likely have to solder and set it up yourself unless you get a DJI FPV or Avata. I could be wrong but I don't see GPS included too often at all. GPS is great as a beginner but I personally got bored with my DJI FPV after a month. If you don't want to take the time to practice throttle control/etc then just grab a DJI Avata with it's position lock. I've seen gopro mounts for them too. Without GPS, when you disconnect the Tx, the drone will beep. That's how I've found mine after a crash.

I have a nazgul evoque f5 from iflight with gps. I ordered it with gps from iflight and it came setup well. The only thing I had to activate was the emergency return to home which I never did. I mostly use it to see how fast the drone is ripping through the air and to see where I am relative to the drone.

Reactions: brandonstreet
I have a nazgul evoque f5 from iflight with gps. I ordered it with gps from iflight and it came setup well. The only thing I had to activate was the emergency return to home which I never did. I mostly use it to see how fast the drone is ripping through the air and to see where I am relative to the drone.
How easy was it to setup? Personally, I think the nazgul evoque is the best option for me, but mostly wondering how easy it was to get it up and running.

iFlight makes great products as well. I've heard the Evoque and Mark V are comparable but I know the evoque has been at the top of a lot of peoples list for awhile. GPS is purely up to you but if you go that route, you'll most likely have to solder and set it up yourself unless you get a DJI FPV or Avata. I could be wrong but I don't see GPS included too often at all. GPS is great as a beginner but I personally got bored with my DJI FPV after a month. If you don't want to take the time to practice throttle control/etc then just grab a DJI Avata with it's position lock. I've seen gopro mounts for them too. Without GPS, when you disconnect the Tx, the drone will beep. That's how I've found mine after a crash.
To be honest, I would only use gps for the speed and arrow direction. One question I have thouth. Regardless of any FPV drone i need a transmitter, if I am using DJI O3, what is the best transmitter? Elrs or tbs? Another question is about DJI FPV controller 2. Is it really that bad? And do you recommend it if your drone has emergency fail-safe?

ELRS typically offers slightly newer options and a bit better range I believe.

I have the DJI FPV controller 2 and a radiomaster tx16s. Once you get your hands on a solid controller with nice gimbals you will understand the difference. IMO the controller 2 is very springy and all parts are plastic. My TX16s can be used with any drone(Not just DJI and 03 drones) and the machined gimbals are next level. Not to mention the customization. DJI just limits you on a lot of those customization options.

ELRS typically offers slightly newer options and a bit better range I believe.

I have the DJI FPV controller 2 and a radiomaster tx16s. Once you get your hands on a solid controller with nice gimbals you will understand the difference. IMO the controller 2 is very springy and all parts are plastic. My TX16s can be used with any drone(Not just DJI and 03 drones) and the machined gimbals are next level. Not to mention the customization. DJI just limits you on a lot of those customization options.
Are there alternatives to the tx16s? It seems to be very expensive, or maybe some justification for the price and how hard it is to setup.

There are plenty of other options. Radiomaster alone offers 2 or 3 different models for lower price ranges. Look at the options in any FPV store and just make sure you order it with the correct protocol. I made that mistake and had to buy an extra module attachment for mine. For me personally, with no RC background, it took me a little to figure out the setup but there are tons of youtube videos that will walk you through it.

There are plenty of other options. Radiomaster alone offers 2 or 3 different models for lower price ranges. Look at the options in any FPV store and just make sure you order it with the correct protocol. I made that mistake and had to buy an extra module attachment for mine. For me personally, with no RC background, it took me a little to figure out the setup but there are tons of youtube videos that will walk you through it.
thanks, just a quick question, what is the difference between the AGO1 gimbals and the V4.O? Is the AGO1 worth the price? I am thinking about getting a commando 8 for it's price, what is your opinion?

Last edited:
The AG01s are machined so they are more sturdy, precise, and smooth. Also a bit easier to adjust tension on. That being said, the V4.0 are solid too from what I hear. Always an upgrade you can do at a later time if you so choose.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax