Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Best simulator for the DJI FPV drone

msinger

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Website
djidronehelp.com
The Velocidrone simulator offers a far better experience for manual flying practice than DJI Virtual Flight. Here are some of the features I like:
  • Highly configurable settings
  • Use your computer/laptop instead of the DJI FPV Goggles
  • Compatible with the DJI FPV remote controller
  • Many scenes available to practice flying
  • Play music while you fly
Velocidrone costs about $23 USD. More details can be found here.

Thanks for the heads up. New to FPV here. How close to "plug and play" was it for the DJI FPV? How much tweaking was needed to make it feel realistic to actual flight performance?

the controller for the dji fpv works pretty well.. you just assign it in velocidrones settings.
note: only the sticks, the buttons do not work ... but are not really needed.

I used it to prepare for M mode on the dji fpv, and was pretty happy when i switched to the real thing - so close enough.

I've detailed my experience in this thead : Beginners tips/experiences in M mode

I think the main thing you learn in any sim is the stick movements, how they relate to each other, and being a little subtle.

one nice thing I found with velocidrone, is they have a couple of videos on youtube about how to learn to fly it, these show how to make it a bit easier to get started, and then how to develop your skills.

note: my experience was, when you first start - it feels pretty hard, but you need to just keep practicing -it may take you a number of hours until it 'clicks',
so don't let yourself get discouraged, if you keep crashing for a quite a while... just be thankful you're doing this in an environement that doesnt cost $$$ :)

Can you select the DJI FPV as a drone to fly in velocidrone?

the controller for the dji fpv works pretty well.. you just assign it in velocidrones settings.
note: only the sticks, the buttons do not work ... but are not really needed.

I used it to prepare for M mode on the dji fpv, and was pretty happy when i switched to the real thing - so close enough.

I've detailed my experience in this thead : Beginners tips/experiences in M mode

I think the main thing you learn in any sim is the stick movements, how they relate to each other, and being a little subtle.

one nice thing I found with velocidrone, is they have a couple of videos on youtube about how to learn to fly it, these show how to make it a bit easier to get started, and then how to develop your skills.

note: my experience was, when you first start - it feels pretty hard, but you need to just keep practicing -it may take you a number of hours until it 'clicks',
so don't let yourself get discouraged, if you keep crashing for a quite a while... just be thankful you're doing this in an environement that doesnt cost $$$ :)
thetechnobear--I assigned the fpv controller in velocidrone--it works inside the set up, sticks move as they should but when I go to start a flight session, it will not start and has a red line across the start flag. Any ideas? I believe it was labeled HID controller.

sorry, no idea... i just assigned it, went thru the calibration process. then it worked when i started a session.

( i was on a mac, but i assume same on windows)

sorry, no idea... i just assigned it, went thru the calibration process. then it worked when i started a session.

( i was on a mac, but i assume same on windows)
Sorry to have bothered you. Dumb *** me had the controller activate set on manual not automatic. As soon as I change that everything worked. Thanks again.

Reactions: thetechnobear

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fducloux