Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Betaflight not seeing any activity from receiver

Pimeeh

Reaction score
Hello, I was wondering if anyone hete would have an answer to a problem that I am having.
Now, this is my first time building an fpv drone, so there is quite a possibility that I'm missing something obvious but here it goes.

Build info that is relevant:
Fc: Racerstar F4S AIO
https://www.banggood.com/Racerstar-StarF...rehouse=UK
Receiver + transmitter combo: FlySky FS-I6 & FS-IA6B
https://www.banggood.com/FlySky-FS-i6-2_...rehouse=CN

The receiver is connected to the SBUS pad on the FC.

I have bound the transmitter to the receiver, as in, I see the receiver on the lcd of the transmitter and the led on the receiver does not blink anymore but is static.

In the rx setup in the transmitter, I am using AFHDS 2A and PPM output is set to on.

I have set the receiver mode to serial based receiver, IBUS.
[Image: 1jpRn20l.jpg]

I have set serial rx on uart 1, but I have tried all of them.
[Image: 0yO3FH3l.jpg]

With all of these settings, I am not getting any movement of the bars in the receiver tab in betaflight.
[Image: jX50iekl.jpg]

These are some things that I have tried:
- PPM off in the transmitter
- Rebound the receiver to the transmitter multiple times
- Tried different receiver options in betaflight, ex. PWM PPM.
- Tried some of the other options instead of IBUS
- Tried putting the serial rx on different uarts, including the times where I changed any receiver options

Does anyone know what the problem is, and how to fix it? Or do I have some faulty equipment?
Any help would be appreciated!

Reactions: Wayno52
I thought in the Flysky there was a setting to turn on iBus if it was an iBus capable TX.
PPM and iBus are 2 different things I think. Maybe @Wayno52 can help here, he ran Flysky for a while and he may know if the FS-I6 is a iBus capable transmitter.
Either way, this is often the first hurdle people routinely run into when they first start building, but overall your config is sound from the looks of it.

Hey thanks you two for your replies.
I have done some tinkering of my own and connected the RX6 pad, wich is normaly used for gps, to the receiver, and then set serial RX to uart 6. It looks promising, but I haven't had the time to test it in the field, so we'll see. The link wayno provided is is also really simmilar to this so I have high hopes.

I still have one more question. If I want to use smart audio on this board, Is it still possible for me to connect the smart audio to TX6? Or would that only bring problems with it since the receiver is connected to RX6?

Reactions: HighTechPauper
No, only 1 thing can be connected to a uart, even if only 1 side is in use (RX or TX, it doesn’t matter, that uart cannot be used for anything else. Usually a board will have multiple uart’s and many protocols may need both the TX and RX of the uart, but some will only need one or the other. Doesn’t matter, can only use a uart for one thing. You will have to find another free uart and use the TX pad off that one for Smart Audio.

This may bear researching too, people have been using uarts off the CPU forever, that’s how we first got access before they started running them out pads for us for all these different comm links we keep adding.

Attachments

• A7A42A1E-2295-4C77-B4A9-14E4BD6AB66E.png
    A7A42A1E-2295-4C77-B4A9-14E4BD6AB66E.png
    637.1 KB · Views: 5
Just checked, it says for ibus users you need to use soft serial and led pin for smart audio.
Perfect, that means I'm not completely out of options, haha. Will try it in the evening, so we'll see. Do I just connect the smart audio to the led pad, and enable it on that pad?

OK so another link, yes solder to led pin then follow set up in this link.

Reactions: HighTechPauper
So I got my transmitter working and added an arm switch, de soldered the smart audio wire for the time being. But right now the quad is behaving quite weird. I set it down in the grass, armed it and slowly raised the throttle untill it would lift off. Instead, it would just make a big jump, and then disarmed itself. On the bench it is also behaving weird, of wich I included a video here:
The RPM of the motors going up for no reason, etc. I thought while I was searching for an answer I would post it here to see of either of you knew any fix.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larcas