Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Betaflight not seeing transmitter input at all.

Well, I have it all together except installing the props. I installed a Runcam Micro Eagle Lumenier Edition camera on it. Now, I am not getting any OSD at all. I don't know what I have missed though. I connected the quad to BF and checked all of the OSD features I want but nothing shows up on my monitor or goggles. What did I miss this time? :rolleyes:

• Sad
Reactions: HighTechPauper
Perhaps a picture of your wiring showing the cam coming into the FC and the out to the vTX so we can check that, other than that it could be a PAL/NTSC mismatch, never pick Auto in the OSD settings for this.

I think I forgot to connect the S PORT wire to the FC. All I connected was the power and the SBUS wire. Now I need to figure out where to connect the S PORT wire. The OSD slider is on as well.

SP Racing F3 FC.jpg

Last edited:
I had forgotten this was an F3 board, it does NOT have an OSD so the camera video signal isn't going through the FC. That camera also has no OSD. OSD's have only become common in that last year or 2, so what you have has no OSD capability. The Smart Port wire would go to a completely unused UART's TX pin, and once everything is configured you will need to "discover new sensors" in the telemetry page of that model on the transmitter to see what readings may be available, given that setup there probably aren't many to be had but...

I do see the camera's OSD as when I connect the battery, the "Lumenier" logo pops up on the screen for a few seconds. I did the sensor search on my QX7 and it does see the battery voltage and the RSSI but that is all. I am going to connect the SPORT wire to the UART 3's TX connection and see what happens. Thanks!

Well connecting the SPORT wire to the TX on the FC's UART 3 where the RX is connected didn't help so, I guess I am flying without an OSD. I don't know if this has anything to do with the fact that I could not flash the R-SXR receiver or not. At this point. I think I should just get a different FC and get rid of this clone F3 FC board.

Did you turn on Smart Port under the Telemetry tab of the Ports page for port 3?
And an advertisement splash on the cam is not an OSD, it is advertisement and is all there is on that model. Usually the cam OSD only has battery voltage anyway so it isn't a full OSD

Did you turn on Smart Port under the Telemetry tab of the Ports page for port 3?

When I turned that on and hit the save and reboot button, it would revert back to disabled and turn off UART 3 each time. Any other port settings would cancel out the same way each time as well.

So I decided that I would just try flying it the way it is without any OSD since I did install the louder beeper and have it set for low and critical voltage warnings so I put it all back together... again, and installed the props and I connected the battery for a final check and now, nothing happens except that the beeper goes off in a continuous pattern of 4 rapid beeps followed by 4 slower beeps and that is all it will do now. I have given up on this quad for the time being. Three days plus of working on this thing has burned me out for the day.

A port can ONLY be used for one thing, you can't use the RX for one thing, and the TX for something else, that is probably why it kept resetting because the config was invalid In BF you can look at the right side of the Setup tab to see what the arming disable flags are, my guess is that RX_FILSAFE is among them which will make the quad beep continuously unless it is turned off in the Config tab.

1591745386129.png

I didn't change any settings from the time it was working fine without OSD until the time I put it all back together. Anyway, it does not really matter now as I ordered a new FC for it. I bought the Speedybee F4 AIO FC with Bluetooth. RDQ had them on sale so I hope this will work a lot better than the crappy F3 FC that came with it.

Wow. You've gone through a lot with that quad. I would recommend a Runcam if you upgrade. Cost a little more than most cams but to me they give the clearest picture.

Oh, and also, you might wanna later on upgrade the FC to an F4 board that has OSD (On Screen Display). Then you can get rid of that (heavy) buzzer and have it display in your goggles when your battery goes low. Also, you can adjust PIDs/rates and VTX channels with your transmitter sticks, instead of having to plug into your computer to do the PIDs/ rates adjustment or having to push buttons on the VTX to change channels & power output. But that is a whole new world in upgrading, maybe further down the line if you ever decide to go that route.

Well, my new Speedybee F4 AIO FC with Bluetooth just arrived today so I will install it. As for the buzzer, I like having a louder one on board just in case it should crash somewhere I can't easily see it. I did upgrade the camera already to a Runcam Micro Eagle Lumenier Edition camera. I will probably upgrade the VTX later on.

Well, my new Speedybee F4 AIO FC with Bluetooth just arrived today so I will install it. As for the buzzer, I like having a louder one on board just in case it should crash somewhere I can't easily see it. I did upgrade the camera already to a Runcam Micro Eagle Lumenier Edition camera. I will probably upgrade the VTX later on.
The ESCs already have beepers on them that you can configure for location beacon in case of crashes or failsafe. You have 4 of em so they will be loud enough to hear when you need to find your quad in some tall grass, a tree or other location you go down and can't see it.

Reactions: graywoulf
The ESCs already have beepers on them that you can configure for location beacon in case of crashes or failsafe. You have 4 of em so they will be loud enough to hear when you need to find your quad in some tall grass, a tree or other location you go down and can't see it.

You are right that they are loud but the add on beeper doubles the volume pretty much. Being that my hearing is not what it used to be, I need the extra volume. Even a quad with the extra beeper is not easily heard if it lands in tall grass or weeds. An external beeper on my Tinyhawk II has helped me find it in the weeds more than once.

Reactions: NeoCloneOne

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happypapaya