Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Better range (CE?)

thetechnobear

Reaction score
this is a tip from Mad Tech... which Ive tried, and he seems to be right....

(sorry, don't know where it was discussed in the live stream... but credit its all his)

so Mad Tech, believes that the transmission system is often using 5.8ghz, when its better to use 2.4ghz.
this results in occasional image breakup even at close range.
(its possibly a bug that may be fixed in firmware)

his tip is simple, change the transmission from AUTO , to 2.4ghz and 40mbps
his tests have shown, this results in no loss of image quality, but its much more reliable.
(Its unclear if this yields any benefits in FCC mode (rather than CE), since FCC allows more powerful signals)

Ive tried this for my last few flights, and can concur...
there are areas where I was always getting image break up, that now are perfectly clear!

of course, don't expect miracles... if I fly it behind a mountain, it'll still lose RC/HD , but its defintely much more reliable :)

we also potentally have FCC hacks... but I think this is still useful (and legal) for those of us in CE regions

I was just thinking, will it beneficially the same if I do in reverse by locking my v2 goggle/drone to 5.8 only instead and use v1's better cp antennas (true rc's singularity or henrik's death ray helical)? theoretically it should, yes (at least compare to auto mode+stock antenna) ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax