Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Binding problem fixed, now other issues.

graywoulf

Reaction score
I got the binding problem fixed. Seems that flashing the R-XSR receiver with the latest firmware was the problem so I re-flashed the Rx with an older version and that did the trick. Solution provided by "PropsOff" on YouTube. Now, my motors won't spin up when I flip the arming switch.

All of the switches and sticks check out fine in BF but nothing happens.

Last edited:
Is it an ACCST radio or a ACCESS radio? What firmware exactly did you flash on the RX? What firmware is on your XJT internal transmitter?

Is it an ACCST radio or a ACCESS radio? What firmware exactly did you flash on the RX? What firmware is on your XJT internal transmitter?

I am sure that it is ACCESS but not 100% sure. Anyway, I got it working. Seems that the latest firmware update for the S-XSR does not work right and I had to re-flash the firmware to an older version to get it to work. The firmware in my QX7 is all up to date.

Now that I have that working and all switches and sticks confirmed in BF, the motors will not spin up when I arm them either in or out of BF.

Last edited:
What ESC protocol is it set for? What are the Arming Disable Flags that are set in the right hand side of the Setup tab?

What ESC protocol is it set for? What are the Arming Disable Flags that are set in the right hand side of the Setup tab?

Sorry for the late reply. I have not checked those items but I will do that tomorrow. Still so much to learn about Betaflight.

Well, I took the day off from my quads yesterday because it has rained for two days and I figured that even if I did get it going, I can't fly anyway and I figured you needed a break from my questions as well. ;)

So I went back and checked the ESC protocol and I had it set for DSHOT 150 but I found that it was needing to be set for ONESHOT 125 instead. I have tried to understand these protocols and I sort of do understand them but I still have no idea as to how to know what the ESC's are looking for when I change the FC with a different one. The old SP Racing FC used DSHOT 150 apparently. And the Arming Disable, is that the same thing as the "MOTOR STOP"switch in BF? It was on but I switched it off.

Anyway, I now have the motors running. I wanted to reverse the motor direction but I can't do that without moving them around as they are both CW and CCW threaded. I should have thought of that when I was swapping out the FC. Oh well, live and learn like I said before. Now I have to install the VTX and I am pretty much set. I am considering setting the PIDs to a lower level for my first flights. Once I get used to this quad, I can easily change the settings via the SpeedyBee app I now have on my phone. That is a very convenient feature to have.

It is still raining and will be for the rest of the week but I will be ready when the weather clears and the ground dries up.

Thank you again for your valuable help.?

There isn't an esc made in the last 2+ years that doesn't run at least DShot600, the Oneshot125 protocol is ancient, if not set up correctly the ESC can spin the motor unexpectedly so be careful till you know it is all correct and tested. What is the exact ESC you have.

You reverse motor direction in BLHeli AND in Betaflight, be careful here, if not set up correctly the quad will freak out when you try to take off. You can easily swap the just the bells on the CW and CCW motors by removing the c-clip or screw on the bottom of the motor and pulling the bell off the stator and putting it on the other motor

I know that the specs on the SpeedyBee F4 AIO Flight Controller say that it is Dshot compatible and I tried Dshot 600 but the motors just twitched in that protocol. I tried to contact NewBeeDrone tech support but they do not have a contact email address that I could find. Testing the motors in BF, they all seem smooth all the way to full throttle. Now I am nervous to fly it.

Don't be nervous, just do some research and test things as you go, test everything first without props, and then with you maiden with props do it OUTSIDE where you can keep safe distance until it is hover tested.

A couple things, running your motors to high speeds without the load of the prop/air resistance, it can do damage, I never go higher than 50-60% VERY briefly, and usually just spin them to verify direction and see that they start smoothly.

The ESC protocol really has nothing to do with the FC, it is all about the ESC and what it is rated for. We have the "analog" protocols (old to new) of OneshotXXX and Mutlishot and the digital protocol of DShotXXX, that is what our ESC's run, so you need to check the ESC because they probably just need an upgrade to the firmware or startup settings in BLHeli.

What is the exact ESC you have?

Here are the specs on the ESC's...

Item name : Eachine 20A BLHeli_S ESC
Con.Current : 20A
Peak Current(10s) : 25A
Input Voltage : 2-4S
BEC : No
Programming : YES
Firmware : Blheli_S
Weight :7.9g
Size(PCB) : 27*12mm

I have to go to bed now. I have an early appointment with my doctor. I will check my emails as soon as I can in the morning.

Ok, I have seen my fair share of that exact ESC, I have 3 Eachine Wizard X200's and that is what they come with.
ANY ESC that is BLheli_S is capable of running DShot 600, but they may need to have the firmware updated.
You can run Multishot on them but you need to do an ESC calibration if you run any analog protocol, it is a super easy thing.
We could whip through this stuff pretty quickly if you want to DM me we can get together to have a look.

OK, I'm back. So, in your opinion, which protocol should I be using on the x220? By DM, do you mean DUO?

DM or PM, Direct Message or Private Message is what I mean. You should be able to run DShot600, did you buy this new or used?

DM or PM, Direct Message or Private Message is what I mean. You should be able to run DShot600, did you buy this new or used?

I bought this used. Opened BLHeli and read the ESC setup and this was the results.

BLHeli Read Setup Results 2.JPGBLHeli Read Setup Results.JPG

Last edited:
I have the correct BLHeli version installed and working. How would you like to proceed?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
colorsone