Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Binding Taranis qx7 with Frsky R-xsr Help!

jonathannord

Reaction score
My taranis and my drone wont seem to wanna bind to each other. I just started this hobby and bought this drone a few days ago and i just dont know what to do.

My taranis and my drone wont seem to wanna bind to each other. I just started this hobby and bought this drone a few days ago and i just dont know what to do.
Is your QX7 accst or access? If it’s like mine (accst) it’s likely a firmware issue. The most current firmware for the R-XSR is for ACCESS and won’t communicate with ACCST. I found the accst version on line, flashed it and it worked just right.

Reactions: Deleted member 3641
Welcome to the forum @jonathannord!

Look in the bottom right corner of your TX's display and see if it says ACCST or ACCESS, it should just be a matter of getting the correct version of firmware flashed on the TX's internal XJT module and the R-XSR. Let us know what you have and we will try to help you get it sorted.

Welcome to the forum @jonathannord!

Look in the bottom right corner of your TX's display and see if it says ACCST or ACCESS, it should just be a matter of getting the correct version of firmware flashed on the TX's internal XJT module and the R-XSR. Let us know what you have and we will try to help you get it sorted.
I have the ACCST

I have the ACCST
Ok, if it really isn't binding with the RX it means the FW on 2 things (the QX7 Internal XJT Transmit Module, and the R-XSR Receiver) isn't compatible, what is your indications that it isn't bound? When your new it can be hard to tell exactly which link in the chain is broken.

There is no way to know what firmware each of these pieces currently has since there is no way to read it out of the pieces, so all you can really do is flash them both with compatible revs and see if it works. This stuff has all evolved so I can't just point you to a video to show you and explain everything correctly, the specifics of doing this would take a long time to explain through texts, maybe you can PM me and we can have a look.

I can't verify the firmware update that I just installed in my QX7 {ACCST) recently being a plus on this but the R-XSR that I installed in my Wizard X220 had to be flashed with the upgrade firmware to get it to work. The receiver came with the connector made just for the firmware flashing. One side fit the receiver and the other side had a servo connector. And for some reason, there seemed to be a conflict about the wiring on the servo connector. I found a video on YouTube by a guy called "PropsOff" and he explains the whole process of setting up this receiver. If you skip to 19:20 in the video he explains how to set up the connectors and the whole update process. I followed this tutorial and got great results. You will need to go to the FrSky website to download the firmware.

R-XSR download page: Download Relevant files for frsky R-XSR receiver

ACCST firmware download link:

And the tutorial video can be found here:

I suggest watching this video a couple of times through until you are clear on the instructions. I hope this helps and I hope you got the cable for the firmware update. If you didn't, let me know. I might can help you find one. Good luck!

Ok, if it really isn't binding with the RX it means the FW on 2 things (the QX7 Internal XJT Transmit Module, and the R-XSR Receiver) isn't compatible, what is your indications that it isn't bound? When your new it can be hard to tell exactly which link in the chain is broken.

There is no way to know what firmware each of these pieces currently has since there is no way to read it out of the pieces, so all you can really do is flash them both with compatible revs and see if it works. This stuff has all evolved so I can't just point you to a video to show you and explain everything correctly, the specifics of doing this would take a long time to explain through texts, maybe you can PM me and we can have a look.
Okay the signs that i think that its not binder is beacuse there is no stick input and nothing is happening to the drone when i use the taranis. There is also no input on betaflight at reciever tab and mode tab. I can pm

Hi, again. i have now flashed the taranis with new firmware and are going to flash the reciever. But the cable that came with the taranis is not in the correct wire order. It is red, yellow, black and arent it supposed to be red, black, yellow to flash trough taranis. Is there a cable i can buy that i can use to flash the reciever.

@jonathannord, the cable should be red in the middle on the servo connector and use the port on the bottom of the radio to the left of the SD card (the yellow wire for SBUS is closest to the SD card, so left to right it is Ground/Power/SBUS) then use the Flash SBUS (not Internal or External).

The wire leads can be removed from the connector and put back in the right order.

2 things...

On the other side (from picture) of black Servo connector there are little plastic feet that stick down into the connector socket to lock the pins in place, lift up gently with an x-acto knife or other small pointy object (be careful not to break them) and remove red and yellow wire connectors and swap them, you may need to push gently back down on the plastic tabs to lock the connectors back in place.

On the side of connector in pic you will likely need to trim off the keyway sticking up to fit it into the S.PORT connector on the bottom left of the controller. Yellow wire should go closest to the SD card slot I believe.

Something I’ve learned in recent months is that Rxsr has 2 biding modes. If you hold the bond button down for 4 second you will notice that a blue light comes on. If you hold it for another 4 it will turn off. Try to bind in either of these states to see if it works.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax