Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Binding?!

Kennyfpv

Reaction score
I bought a tarranis x9lite came with no receiver. I also bought hglrc mini drone 3 inch it has an frsky xm plus receiver soldered on. How do i get the controller to bind to that receiver? Do i need to know the exact serial number or info from the receiver? Or will the x9lite be able to search and find it? Do i meed to plug either into the computer at all? And why? Please help i want to fly!! :)

It will depend on what firmware is in the X9 Lite's internal XJT module (that is the transmitter board in the radio) and in the XM+ receiver. You will want to try and bind the RX to the TX in ACCESS-D16 or D16 mode, whichever the radio has (this depends on whether it is an ACCESS radio or an ACCST radio, I am not sure which your is but I think it is ACCESS). You will need to have a model created and then set the Internal RF to the D16 mode and set it to bind (chirping comes from radio) then you will need to find the bind button on the XM+ and hold it down while you connect the battery to the quad (probably the hardest part to do) and in a split second it will be bound if it can be. If it doesn't show the solid green light after that (make sure the TX and quad are about 2 meters away from each other or more, the XM+ can lose connectivity if it is too close to the radio). If it didn't bind see what the LED's on the XM+ are doing and let us know since it may yield some indication. If it didn't bind then likely you have firmware on the radio and RX that are not compatible and you will need to either flash the internal XJT module on the radio or the RX (TX likely has rev 2 and RX likely has rev 1 and they need to be the same rev level).

Tx is in accst d16 the rx xm+ was in bind mode both solid red n green light i select bind on tx and the rxon drone went solid green and chirped from drone i think its connected and now my nex move is to betaflite right?

If it is bound then the next step will be to check the Receiver tab in BF to see if the Aux channels are reacting to stick/switch input. If it does you are ready to finish the configuration and test all the functionality with props OFF. As a note, if things are working properly do NOT run the motors at fast speeds, if they start and go up as you move the Motors tab sliders a little bit for each motor that is enough to prove it is working, try not to rev the motors much without props on, while it may not do damage it is not good or needed to do so.

Awesome thank you i even facebooked josh bardwell and he walked me through alot of the process last night now im waiting for the laptop to continue on BF he said to do the same thank you very much once i get there ill report back here with any wuestions i really appreciate your help ??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanykcz