Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

black screen after several seconds when not flying

Primoz_Horvath

Reaction score
Hi,

so, turning on the drone + goggles, after a while (30-60seconds), the image starts to stutter and then a black screen. I disconnect and connect the battery of the drone and I have image again, for some seconds.

When I get the drone in the air, I do not get black screen, but good image and I can fly till the end.
I changed vtx with another one, but with same result. My guess is that the vtx is ok. The goggles are also ok.

What could be the cause? Any suggestions to solve this issue? It is annoying since I like to take my time before take-off.

Last edited:
Bit hard to guess knowing nothing about your equipment.

Check that the FPV gear is getting the correct voltage. If it is inconsistent then it could likely be a loose wire. Could the VTX be getting warm then triggering a temperature cutoff? Does the BEC have a sufficient amp rating? If you have OSD you can assume it is a camera issue.

Check that the FPV gear is getting the correct voltage. If it is inconsistent then it could likely be a loose wire. Could the VTX be getting warm then triggering a temperature cutoff? Does the BEC have a sufficient amp rating? If you have OSD you can assume it is a camera issue.
Hi,
yes, I have osd. I changed the camera (runcam) and the problem did not occur anymore. Maybe something broke after the drone has been 5 minutes under water (no salt water)?
I will check everything you mentioned, thank you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happypapaya