Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

broken screw, how to remove it?

Rosssiiii

Reaction score
Hello :)

i don't know why but today i had again some vibration and i see that screws are again unscrew even though I screwed them some days ago, after that i did 5-6 flights with a bit of freestyle.

1) Is it normal for the screws to loosen so quickly?

on my drone i have 3 different kind of screws ( ) , and the smallest, the one that broke is the worst quality one !

on others there is indicate (bao 10.9):

2) where can I buy, maybe even online, some small screws but of higher quality also ba0 10.9 so that they don't break anymore?

3)there is a way to remove the screw currently broken inside that broke screw " " ?

4) is that the right replacement component in case shoud not possible to remove that broke ? (https://www.banggood.com/Eachine-Wizard-...rehouse=CN )

Last edited:
It can be normal for screws to get loose in the first few days of a new build if you don't use loctite. I can't think of a way to remove that screw. Aluminium screws can back out if there are lots of vibrations unlike steel screws which are also stronger. Those replacements will work if you have the Eachine Wizard V2 and if the standoffs look the same length. You can get m3 screws almost anywhere. They just need to be remotely the right length and steel is stronger, titanium is a little softer but lighter.

I dont know about titanium being softer??
Ive done a lot of blending on compressor blades and soft is not something i would use to describe it.

Reactions: Fast and Curious
Aaaaaaahhhhhh. Screw just broke in my motor! Iflight Xing-e 2207 1800kv. 3 screws works, Mr Steele often flies with 2 to save weight but if more break I'm screwed. EDIT: add 2nd photo.

Attachments

• IMG_2582.JPG
    IMG_2582.JPG
    526.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2579.JPG
    IMG_2579.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Fixed, dremelled a pilot hole with a 1.5 mm bit then using a drill drilled out the rest switching between a 1.5 and 2mm bit. The 1stmm of the threading is gone but it's fixed. Sorry for hogging your thread.

Attachments

• IMG_0870.JPG
    IMG_0870.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 4

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
colorsone