Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Can 2 DJI FPV Drones be bound to the same controller and goggles?

Curious Nomad

Reaction score
I purchased a used backup DJI FPV Drone so now I have 2 drones. My question is can I bind the 2nd drone to my existing goggles and controller? Not to fly at the same time of course, but just as a back up. Or can goggles and controller only be bound to one drone at a time? Thanks in advance.

Yeah, thaty is pretty much what I figured. I am just leery about binding the backup drone in the event the bind does not take since the original one was pre-bound at the factory. Thanks.

Why would it not take? There's really nothing special about it.

Why would it not take? There's really nothing special about it.
Of course. My question was if 2 can be bound at the same time so that re-binding is not necessary if switching between the 2 drones. Apparently it is necessary to re-bind if switching between the drones.

I think this was kinda answered... but for clarity you can NOT bind 2 sets of goggles onto a single drone? (like if a spectator wants to watch).

If that is the case, any suggestions for someone who wants to watch? Do the goggles have an output port for a second screen/tablet or other?

but for clarity you can NOT bind 2 sets of goggles onto a single drone? (like if a spectator wants to watch).
You cannot bind 2 sets of goggles to a drone - but there is a specific feature for spectating that's completely separate from binding.

I think this was kinda answered... but for clarity you can NOT bind 2 sets of goggles onto a single drone? (like if a spectator wants to watch).

If that is the case, any suggestions for someone who wants to watch? Do the goggles have an output port for a second screen/tablet or other?
You can connect your phone to the goggles with the connectors provided and then the DJI Fly App on the phone can be used by a second person to view what is on the goggles during the flight. And the goggles themselves do have a setting that allows viewing of other people flying their drone.

You can connect your phone to the goggles with the connectors provided and then the DJI Fly App on the phone can be used by a second person to view what is on the goggles during the flight. And the goggles themselves do have a setting that allows viewing of other people flying their drone.
Ah, so you don't actually "bind" other goggles to the drone but rather you are just "looking in" on that frequency just like the Fatshark goggles will show any channel you select?

Pilot chooses whether he wants his stream to be viewable or not. Spectators see a list of available streams and select the one they want.

Reactions: CactusJackSlade
Pilot chooses whether he wants his stream to be viewable or not. Spectators see a list of available streams and select the one they want.
Cool, thanks, I am weighing if a second set of goggles might be nice to have :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax