Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Can any drone that can connect to an iphone app via wifi also be connected to analog goggles?

dsmith76

Reaction score
I have a little Syma drone (D1650WH) that makes use of an app on my iphone so that I can fly the drone looking at the feed on my iphone. I have the Racing Edition of the DJI goggles, which can be used for analog. It has a feature that searches for the channel and frequency. I have been unable to pair with it with this drone. My thinking was that if the drone is able to send out a signal which can be picked by my iphone, either by wifi or cellular, then the goggles should be able to pair with it. Admittedly, I don't know much about this topic, but would love to learn. Thanks for any comments.

Hey @dsmith76,

These Syma drones are toy grade and this one like most other "toys" works on transmitting the video data and often the control link as well over a wifi link. There is no video transmitter an therefore you cant directly receive a video signal to the goggles. I've seen people MacGyver a video output cable from the phone into the AV input on FPV goggles, but the delay or latency is so bad it's becomes impossible to fly well.

Costco and Walmart sold a gazillion of these types of Toy grade drones and they have not a whole lot in common with hobby grade FPV gear unfortunately.

Hey @dsmith76,

These Syma drones are toy grade and this one like most other "toys" works on transmitting the video data and often the control link as well over a wifi link. There is no video transmitter an therefore you cant directly receive a video signal to the goggles. I've seen people MacGyver a video output cable from the phone into the AV input on FPV goggles, but the delay or latency is so bad it's becomes impossible to fly well.

Costco and Walmart sold a gazillion of these types of Toy grade drones and they have not a whole lot in common with hobby grade FPV gear unfortunately.
Thanks for your very clear explanation. So much to learn!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
colorsone