Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Can I fly FPV drone without goggles?

digibum

Reaction score
Hi all!
There are some commercial cases where I don't want to use goggles. Sure I can take two drones, one for FPV and one for normal use with mobile app, but that requires two large suitcases with a lot of stuff.
So I'm wondering if is it possible to fly DJI FPV without goggles? Basically I want to fly DJI FPV only using remote control and posibly to use mobile app like on DJI Mini 2.

Is that posible? Has something like this ben done in the past with other models or is it likely for DJI to enable this kind of control?
Is there even a USB port on the new remote?

Thank you!

Hi all!
There are some commercial cases where I don't want to use goggles. Sure I can take two drones, one for FPV and one for normal use with mobile app, but that requires two large suitcases with a lot of stuff.
So I'm wondering if is it possible to fly DJI FPV without goggles? Basically I want to fly DJI FPV only using remote control and posibly to use mobile app like on DJI Mini 2.

Is that posible? Has something like this ben done in the past with other models or is it likely for DJI to enable this kind of control?
Is there even a USB port on the new remote?

Thank you!
Ha mate,
You could question whether the FPV is suitable for commercial cases, as I think the camera is not thát good, basically only suitable for certain types of shots. However, the FPV can be flown without using the goggles. You will have to connect them though, then connect your smart device to it via the USB-C port and can then use the smart device as a monitor. It will not show the velocity/altitude/etc data though, just the view from the camera. Probably not the solution you were looking for, but it works.

Reactions: A.O.
Thank you! Not what I wanted to here, but I guess you are right.
It's a shame that DJI did not enable this mode, that woul be awesome.

Reactions: JoostGT3
There really isn't anything much you could film properly without goggles with this aircraft, that's not what it's made for...

Reactions: JoostGT3
Thank you! Not what I wanted to here, but I guess you are right.
It's a shame that DJI did not enable this mode, that woul be awesome.
You're welcome!

But as @Kilrah says:

There really isn't anything much you could film properly without goggles with this aircraft, that's not what it's made for...

That's too true as well. Different tools for different jobs. And if you're flying commercially, I think there is no real excuse not to bring the proper tool for the job. Your customers will expect you to bring the best you have, right?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fducloux