Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Can I use 5.8ghz goggles and a 2.4ghz radio?

ERRFOUR

Reaction score
Hi I am brand new to FPV piloting and am trying to learn everything I can and build my own FPV drone to start learning how to fly FPV. Long story short I got turned around trying to figure out whether I could use a 2.4ghz transmitter and 5.8ghz goggles to race or if everything needs to be the same frequency. Thanks in advance!

Reactions: HighTechPauper
Welcome to the forum @ERRFOUR!
Yes, you can use 2.4GHz for control link and 5.8GHz for video, you could NOT use the same frequencies for both as that would interfere with each other, the only time they are the same is for a system like the DJI FPV system which does both control and video over the same 5.8GHz link.

Reactions: tevek
Welcome to the forum @ERRFOUR!
Yes, you can use 2.4GHz for control link and 5.8GHz for video, you could NOT use the same frequencies for both as that would interfere with each other, the only time they are the same is for a system like the DJI FPV system which does both control and video over the same 5.8GHz link.
That is what I reasoned as they are linked with separate modules but thank you for the explanation and examples. You were a great help! :)

Reactions: HighTechPauper

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Young_Kinslee23232