Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Capacitor 6s

Professor

Reaction score
Do I need a capacitor for 6s on the T-Motor F7 DJI HD Stack F55A V2 32Bit 4in1, air unit and 6s lipo?
What's the best way to mount it if there is no room in the frame? I could rotate the stack 180 degrees but my xt60 cable would go out on the side which I'm not really a fan of... Also it doesn't look as clean in my opinion than when it's going out on the back... Using a apex HD frame btw

Bardwell recommends it for 6S, but not so much for a 4S, He show how to do it here

I don't currently have a link, but I've seen testing that shows putting the capacitor our at the XT60 connector does nearly nothing. Best is to put as close as possible to esc. I've also seen studies that show that adding short wires to the capacitor have minimal deterioration as long as you keep the length of wire under 1". Using excess wire from motor leads is good.

I also think that some run capacitors on most builds, but I would say you need them on 4s and larger. Both for protection of your exc's during braking, and cleanup of video feeds.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kronk