Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Carrying Case?

xell

Reaction score
Anyone find a good case for this rig yet? carrying around the controller, HMD, and Drone is a bit cumbersome.

A good backpack is in my opinion the most practical for carrying all the gear. There are of great options out there. If you fly from your trunk, there are several Pelican style cases that should be available very soon.

The GPC FPV Case is one good option that'll be available soon. GPC makes awesome cases (I own many of them).

1615842651388.png

Many of these are still pre-orders, but you can find a lot of DJP FPV drone cases/backlogs here on Amazon.

If you're handy and cheap... Like myself... What I like about my idea over all the others is that you can keep everything on the drone, controller and goggles. In fact, now that I have a Fat Strap, I don't even need to plug in the goggle's battery. I just leave it in the holder on the strap. Now if my stupid corrective lenses would get here, all of my problems would be solved... other than learning to fly manual, that is... Hahaha!

I built a hotwire foam cutter a couple years ago, so I have a bunch of custom cut cases for anything and everything, although I prefer a backpack for transporting my drones.

I built a hotwire foam cutter a couple years ago, so I have a bunch of custom cut cases for anything and everything, although I prefer a backpack for transporting my drones.
Cool! What are you using for power? 12V DC? I thought about that but I'm so LAZY!!! I usually buy premade cases. I take my drones to construction sites, hydro electric dams and factories so I prefer hard cases.

Cool! What are you using for power? 12V DC? I thought about that but I'm so LAZY!!! I usually buy premade cases. I take my drones to construction sites, hydro electric dams and factories so I prefer hard cases.
An electric carving knife cuts that foam real well also, just don't let momma catch you!

And I' m a fan of the Nanuk, I have one for my MA2..

I don't know, none of the hard cases shown here from PGYTech or GPC look like they hold a candle to the way this B&W International case is designed to hold the FPV with props on, more efficient use of space etc. the problem is it isn't readily available in the USA and the stores that do offer it as an import it is very expensive... but seeing this ruins me on the other cases, I feel like they were rushed and not thought through:

Looks nice, no where to buy. Not sure I like the latches either.

Reactions: thetechnobear
nice @Lon Denard ... if you go to thier website, its saying pre-order for 15-04.

They also do a nice rucksack, same price - which Im more interested in.
only 'issue' is, I don't really need space for chargers etc.. and would prefer that could be used for other stuff while hiking.

I guess many camera rucksacks could be used, as they have configurable spacing - I guess 'trick' is, take props off, and put drone at top, as arms are 'delicate' (arm bracers would help!)

I do want to take it hiking locally, one my extra batteries turn up.

A 3S or 4S Li-Po battery, a brushed ESC, and a servo tester work fairly well for making a hot wire foam cutter. Several sites and videos on how to make DIY foam cutters.

A 3S or 4S Li-Po battery, a brushed ESC, and a servo tester work fairly well for making a hot wire foam cutter. Several sites and videos on how to make DIY foam cutters.
Thanks, considering how many modifications I make to cases, it could come in handy!

I don't know, none of the hard cases shown here from PGYTech or GPC look like they hold a candle to the way this B&W International case is designed to hold the FPV with props on, more efficient use of space etc. the problem is it isn't readily available in the USA and the stores that do offer it as an import it is very expensive... but seeing this ruins me on the other cases, I feel like they were rushed and not thought through:
I called a distributer and it's about $285 for me to get one.

I would have to agree with you. The MC-Cases version looks **** good as well!

I’m a big fan of Nanuk cases (I own 4, soon to be 5) but I’m not 100% sold on their DJI FPV case.

Reactions: A.O.
I would have to agree with you. The MC-Cases version looks **** good as well!

I’m a big fan of Nanuk cases (I own 4, soon to be 5) but I’m not 100% sold on their DJI FPV case.

I am a huge Nanuk fan, too (11 of them for cameras/cine gear/weapons and multirotors) but the B&W case's accommodation for mounted props on the DJI FPV is a winner.

Attachments

• 6000_B_DJI_FPV_frontalRDX.jpg
    6000_B_DJI_FPV_frontalRDX.jpg
    492.3 KB · Views: 11
Harbor freight has a foam cutter hot knife.

I ordered the MC-Cases hard case, but I do like the idea of a backpack version for shorter-haul trips. Their backpack is a bit spendy for a second sometimes-case, but I really want one that works with props on.

Still waiting for the hard case to ship...

Reactions: Halifax and A.O.
I ordered the MC-Cases hard case, but I do like the idea of a backpack version for shorter-haul trips. Their backpack is a bit spendy for a second sometimes-case, but I really want one that works with props on.

Still waiting for the hard case to ship...
Are you located in North America? If so, where did you order your case?

If you don’t mind I’d appreciate your feedback when you receive the case. Looking to purchase a hard case in the next month.

Reactions: Halifax and A.O.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agevorgi