Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Cerberus V3 Build

RENOV8R

Reaction score
I just got notification from Josh @ Flynoceros that the Cerb V3 prototypes are shipping, so I'm hoping to receive it sometime this week and post a few pics of the build. It certainly looks different than anything I've built to date, here's a sneak peeV3.jpg k

Alright, the V3 prototype arrived yesterday and first off, you can disregard the above photo as although similar in form factor, the parts are actually quite different. The biggest difference is the arms and the bottom plate as this is designed for a 4 in 1 ESC and a 20 X 20 stack. So as part of the radical design, the arms have milled channels to route the motor wires. I don't know if this will affect the strength of the arms, only time will tell. As for the main bottom plate, it's designed to mount only a 20 X 20 stack and a full size is a no-go. On the bottom of the plate, you'll see that all holes are countersunk and recessed as are all the holes on the frame. So my overall first impressions? Wow! Quality is what you'd expect from Flynoceros with attention to detail such as the high quality carbon fibre, countersunk holes throughout and rounded edges. Also the coolest sticker sheet I've ever seen:cool:
004.JPG 006.JPG 007.JPG

I can't check right now but if I remember, it's around 80 grams. I'll post tomorrow with weight, parts list, etc.

Weird that the arms look nothing like the prototype, they are twice as fat. I would have been pissed if it was me, since that was the most significant improvement IMO.

Weird that the arms look nothing like the prototype, they are twice as fat. I would have been pissed if it was me, since that was the most significant improvement IMO.
Yeah, I don't know why they posted that photo, the actual prototype doesn't look anything like it. But it is super nice. But it is a prototype and Josh is looking for input. I'll be suggesting elimination of the channels in the arms (cool but are they practical), A wider bottom plate that will accept a full size flight controller, and thinner side rails. They're 4mm and I think they can save some weight here. Just mentioned that as I weighed it last night and it tips the scales at 98 grams which is a little more than I expected but still good considering this is a full 250mm frame.

Cerb V3 001.JPG

Uh oh, first issue. Might be hard to see as there's a shadow, but where the channel in the arm meets the frame, there's a gap for the motor wires to go through. It's only large enough for 2 of the 3 motor wires to fit. I really only have 2 options, firstly to run 2 wires through the gap and the 3rd on top of the plate or secondly, snip the 18awg motor wire before the frame and splice on some 20awg. I guess this is why they call it a prototype hahaha

great to see this build getting started. the thicker carbon fiber arms is how flynocerous pulls off the life time replacement plan (only one i know). even though these prototype don't have that warrantee, the production run will. i doubt the CF is going to get thinner.
i like the arm tips! this will be a screamer.
did you decide on a final parts list RENOV8R?

great to see this build getting started. the thicker carbon fiber arms is how flynocerous pulls off the life time replacement plan (only one i know). even though these prototype don't have that warrantee, the production run will. i doubt the CF is going to get thinner.

I forgot about that warranty. Really they should drop it so it doesn't restrict their designs IMO.

Reactions: VirtueViolater
Yes, I have most of the parts:
Emax Lite Spec 2206 2550 kv motors
Runcam Micro Eagle
HGLRC F440 power stack
BUT this is getting frustrating as the only reason I grabbed this frame was the channels in the arms would make for a super clean build. I've tried various configurations and sure it'll work, but it just looks kinda Mickey Mouse.

My other problem is the F440 stack. It's designed with the battery connections sticking out the sides which I DO NOT like. Sure, I can spin the stack 90 degrees but then I have the USB port out the front and the motor tabs sticking out the sides which is also less than ideal. I've actually been looking for an alternative frame until (hopefully) Flyno releases upgraded arms, but so far I haven't found a 5" frame with mounts for a 20 X 20 flight controller and micro camera. Although I am really drooling over the 5" Codered frame, I'd only need an Eagle 2 Pro and I'd be good to go. Decisions, Decisions.....

im sorry the v3 didn't work out. that totally sucks. there were allot of people really excited about it (wire channels) and.... sigh.
hopefully they fix it but that's just sad.

Reactions: RENOV8R
Ice V3 005.JPG Ice V3 006.JPG Ice V3 007.JPG Ice V3 009.JPG
im sorry the v3 didn't work out. that totally sucks. there were allot of people really excited about it (wire channels) and.... sigh.
hopefully they fix it but that's just sad.
Funny you mention this, after I ordered the Aurora, I decided that I couldn't give up on the V3 so did as suggested and dremeled a channel in the small top plate and although not perfect (you'll notice that I screwed up and dremeled the grooves on the wrong side of the front plate doah!), it's going to be quite functional. I've got the motors wired up and the R-XSR mounted on top of the F440 stack, just waiting on the camera and VTX, I've ordered the Runcam Micro Eagle and IRC Tramp

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax