Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Cheap transmitter

mrmund

Reaction score
I bought the Emax Tinyhawk 2 RTF bundle to get into FPV. I like it so much I got a Tinyhawk Freestyle 2 and a pair of Fat Shark Attitude V5's, downloaded Beta flight and I'm figuring out how to use it to bind the Freestyle to the E6 transmitter that came with the kit but I definitely need to get a real transmitter. I'd like to get one that's a combo with a reciever so I can use it for my next upgrade. I'm assuming Frsky is the way to go?
Should I get something that does D8 and D16?
Please give me some good advice and recommend the best one to get for about $150, preferably through Amazon. I have some credits i can use.
I appreciate your help and I have to say I have a new found respect for you FPV guys.
I've been flying GPS stabilized camera drones for about 4 years. I wanted to be a better pilot and to challenge myself learning some new tech but the knowledge this takes and what you guys can do is really impressive. I look forward to getting further along and not feeling like such a noob.

Ever since Frsky dropped the ACCST protocol radios and went to ACCESS (no support for D8) trying to force the communities hand I have dropped them like a hot rock. If you want the very best bang for the buck, look for a Radio Master TX16S and never look back, getting an RX with the radio is not even an issue, you will need way more than one before all is said and done, so just get them separately. Amazon is always more expensive most of the time, they want $170 for it when most "reputable" places sell it for $150, but it may be worth it since it is out of stock most everywhere.

Reactions: mrmund
Ever since Frsky dropped the ACCST protocol radios and went to ACCESS (no support for D8) trying to force the communities hand I have dropped them like a hot rock. If you want the very best bang for the buck, look for a Radio Master TX16S and never look back, getting an RX with the radio is not even an issue, you will need way more than one before all is said and done, so just get them separately. Amazon is always more expensive most of the time, they want $170 for it when most "reputable" places sell it for $150, but it may be worth it since it is out of stock most everywhere.

Thanks for the recommendation, anything else I need to be sure of other than making sure it's mode 2?

Nope, that's it. The RadioMaster TX16S is a super well rounded radio and Frsky hasn't sold many of theirs since it came out, that is why they have been having sales trying to capture some of the market but nobody is interested in their radios anymore, especially since they moved to ACCESS and the Jumper and RadioMaster radios have come out.

So I went through the same thing in the same order. I pre-ordered the tx16s and it seemed like eternity before it was going to ship. So while inwas waiting i bought a used tx8 and honestly.... its smaller, its simple, and it has the same multi module as the tx16s. Now I have the 16s just sitting on my shelf because everything is bound to the tx8 also with the hall gimbals and I love this little guy.

Yes i bound a few to the tx16s but its a tank comparably, and went back. I even spent a day adding custom sounds and backgrounds and splash screens but it still just doesn't beat that compact tx8 (t8sg same thing made by jumper when your looking for videos)

So I went through the same thing in the same order. I pre-ordered the tx16s and it seemed like eternity before it was going to ship. So while inwas waiting i bought a used tx8 and honestly.... its smaller, its simple, and it has the same multi module as the tx16s. Now I have the 16s just sitting on my shelf because everything is bound to the tx8 also with the hall gimbals and I love this little guy.

Yes i bound a few to the tx16s but its a tank comparably, and went back. I even spent a day adding custom sounds and backgrounds and splash screens but it still just doesn't beat that compact tx8 (t8sg same thing made by jumper when your looking for videos)
Is there anything on the Tx8 that I'll miss or wish had gotten the Tx16s for instead. I'm trying to future proof a bit, this will probably be the only transmitter i get for a while

I dont know about future proof, it will still do the same recievers. Just not all the bells and literal whistles, theme songs and wallpapers. It also doesn't play well with the crossfire module unless you do the pin mod. Its my daily flyer though and my tx16s litterally just sits there looking pretty. Its just big and bulky but im not some hardcore rc guy that brings my van and a few tables when I fly. I literally carry my drones, goggles, and radio by hand out to a field. Just me though!

Reactions: mrmund

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Young_Kinslee23232