Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Converting a Yuneec Typhoon G into an FPV setup?

et_bar

Reaction score
Hello there,
I recently acquired an older Yuneec Typhoon G drone from a neighbor that has been crashed, rammed, cracked, and ripped. He crashed so bad that the wiring tore its self apart, but I and my brother soldered it back together. The frame is almost next to dangerous and would not feel comfortable flying it. All of the motors and systems seem to be working though. My goal for this drone to use some of its parts to be converted into an fpv drone that I won't care too much about since it was put in the garbage. I have the controller and parts to go along with it as well as a new battery, I wouldn't mind purchasing new parts as long as they aren't crazy expensive since this is just a project. I would even be happy if I just got this thing to fly! I don't even need to have it connect to goggles or anything fancy. Tell me what you think.

Reactions: mrmund
Hi, do you intend on flying it like an fpv drone or like it is normally flown? (new flight controller) Do you want to get the same frame and a video transmitter that plugs into the camera it has, or build a typical fpv drone using some of the parts.

It would be cool to get it to fly and transmit as an FPV drone. I would probably use a new frame and different camera. Now I am new to the FPV world and I don’t know if I would need a new transmitter if I got a different camera.

Does it have something like this separate from the main board?

Attachments

• IMG_2510.JPG
    IMG_2510.JPG
    974.7 KB · Views: 2
Can you try and identify each part with this? or send a photo of the electronics spread out. What parts might you not need, leds, recording maybe. Transferring it to another frame will be difficult ecpecially motor mounts.

Attachments

• IMG_2511.jpg
    IMG_2511.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 5
If your flight controller (it will have a few wires connected to most things) does not have a plug you will have to buy a new one. I think there are some kits which include the goggles and the video transmitter
It would be cool to get it to fly and transmit as an FPV drone. I would probably use a new frame and different camera. Now I am new to the FPV world and I don’t know if I would need a new transmitter if I got a different camera.
Without a photo of inside I couldn't tell.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax