Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Digital FPV experience

Tiny

Reaction score
I've always been using analog transmission when flying FPVs since I've only been flying a couple of months. I've just been introduced to digital transmission and the difference is amazing. It's like seeing the world through different eyes. What are the cons of digital system over analog? If they are negligible, then I'm definitely going to make the switch.

If I was new, and I didn't have so much tied up in analog, I would definitely go the DJI route, there is no question anymore. Analog has a place for hard core racing at this time, or best of the best acrobatics like Steele or Skitzo perhaps, but more and more DJI can keep down the variation in latency and the picture and even range is hard to beat.

Reactions: tevek
Well I’ve got a few quads and am slowly building up a crossfire dji fleet, both in new builds and conversions from analogue. Currently converting a Diatone R349 w/crossfire over to a Caddx unit and the overall experience is really positive. Most of my flying is either freestyle or cinematic cruising and whilst it’s more expensive, I don’t have failsafes and the the goggle experience is outstanding. Certainly not a fanboy of dji but I’m willing to invest in a better flying outcome.

Reactions: HighTechPauper
the only thing is if you do long range or behind buildings etc where you are liable to lose video, analog vid will come back as soon as you punch out usually, dji video however can take as long as 30 seconds to reestablish link once it's lost so that probably means a failsafe unless you got gps.

Cost is always a factor but the piece that I find difficult is finding the space on the frame to add the digital module. Some builds are "slammed" and make it tough to add the board in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarlysTroe