Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Distance limit on DJI fpv for manual mode?

Fpvbefokt

Reaction score
Hi all, finally doing the manual thing on my wonderful DJI fpv, but today when i reached 1,3km away, it slammed on brakes and told me i was too far for manual mode, and only allowed sport and normal mode. Does anyone know why? I thought manual worked as far as O3.

You likely crossed a zone boundary, look at the map if there's one where you were.

Thanks, yes, i saw on the other post that this seems to be a common cause. I was near one, about 100m away, and as you pointed out previously, even though it wasn't a restricted zone on either side, just warning, this is probably what did it. Very relieved to know i can still do fpv 12km away.

Today i crossed the same warning zone. This time the drone froze, unresponsive to sticks, and the screen telemetry froze too, showing a constant speed of 99kmh, and regardless of where i put the mode switch, it continued showing M and a constant height. I was able to get control again gradually, by putting the switch in n , but telemetry stayed frozen until i landed the drone to check, and continued showing M, despite the fact that it was now obviously in N mode. Find your drone showed the last 30 seconds of me struggling to get it to move, and ends in mid air still.
When i rebooted the goggles they work again, but they won't download the flight record, stopping halfway and telling me to restart the fly app as it can't complete the download.
I have not been able to get the drone, as i emergency landed it in a neighbors yard, away for Christmas, and very anti drone, so may never see it again..
What happened in the goggles to cause then to freeze and stop working just from crossing a warning zone (flight allowed on both sides)?, and although the goggles seemed to work again when i switched off and on, are they safe to use again?. (No dji support in this country, so not simply a matter of sending in for checking).. Any clues?

Do you have an SD card in the goggles? Sounds like you might have encountered the other bug where the goggles will crash if it's full and recording gets stopped. The drone would still have been fully responsive, just the goggles needing a reboot (and ideally remove the SD card so they don't crash again).

Reactions: okw
Dude, your amazing! That's exactly what happened. So, always make sure i keep the goggles sd clean. Very grateful for your kind assistance, thanks again

Reactions: okw
Did you get the FPV back?

Fortunately, yes. Although not a star wars fan at all, i used a Jedi mind trick to get him to believe that he loves drones, and he has just bought an air 2s..
Now, if i can just get everyone to send me one dollar...

Today I took my DJI fpv into manual mode for the first time. It wouldn’t let me go further than 30 meters or so or above 25m. I tried flying it further away in sports mode and then switching to M mode but it simply wouldn’t let me switch to M mode. I have activated M mode and all but I can only go into M mode when the drone is right next to me. Any ideas? Thinking it could be a zone issue but not sure.

If you are correctly logged in and can go further in the other modes check you're not in/on the boundary of a zone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larcas