Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

DJI Avata First few flights and impressions

Curious Nomad

Reaction score
I started flying the Mavic mini a few years ago, followed by the Mini 2. Last 2 years have been spent mostly flying the the DJI FPV Drone. The FPV drone is fantastic, extremely fast and exciting but I was hoping DJI would make a smaller Cinewhoop combatible with the existing goggles and controller. They finally did. Here are my thoughts at the end of the video.......

That was awesome, good stuff right there! Was the majority of the footage normal, sport, manual or a combo of each? Did you have any crashes?

It was all Normal and Sport mode, no manual yet. I flew the DJI FPV in manual a few times but prefer N and S modes. Especially with this Avata it is great for flying a few feet above the ground in N or S mode and just needing the slightest adjustment of the left stick. I had no crashes then, but had a minor one this morning at the park. Practicing flying through tree branches and bumped a branch, it just stopped and hovered but I reversed it and hit another branch! Should have yawed it 180 to see what was there, live and learn! No harm to drone, just dropped 5' onto the grass. That is the beauty of this drone.

Reactions: DadCorso80
I just oved the flight part of the video. So jealous of those who have such great places to fly like that. Here in northern New Jersey we are so limited in the places we can fly and most of those places that would make a nice video are off limits to drones.
When I got my Avata last week my first video was flying around a soccer field and around all the practice nets scattered on it. Fun YES, good practice yes, but not very picturesque. Just have to keep searching for better locations.

Well now, that's really pushing the regs 🙂

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larcas