Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

DJI Avata Motion Controller and Headset Charging Frequency

SleepyDragon77

Reaction score
Hello everyone! This may be somewhat of a silly question but I’m a first time drone owner and looking for some clarification on charging the motion controller and headset for the DJI Avata. I know it’s important to properly cycle the batteries so the health stays good, so I was wondering if it would be bad for the battery life of each device if I were to charge them after each flight of the drone? Or should I use both the goggles and the controller until they have 0% and then recharge? Should I charge them in between flights? Does it matter? Thanks in advance!

Always best to stay between 20-80% in the long term, so no I typically don't recharge until needed. Not that important for low draw devices like this anyway.

Hello everyone! This may be somewhat of a silly question but I’m a first time drone owner and looking for some clarification on charging the motion controller and headset for the DJI Avata. I know it’s important to properly cycle the batteries so the health stays good, so I was wondering if it would be bad for the battery life of each device if I were to charge them after each flight of the drone? Or should I use both the goggles and the controller until they have 0% and then recharge? Should I charge them in between flights? Does it matter? Thanks in advance!
I let my batteries, etc rest awhile and cool off, not really warm. Then charge them using DJI charging stuff. I have 230 miles flown on my 9 batteries motion controller and headset. No issues

Good luck and Drone On

PS. Battery charge levels of 17-22 ish
Run headset battery to 24-25 % then swap in new battery. First headset battery usually good for 6-7 flights Motion controller good for 9+ flights (7-8 mins per flight sport mod)

I always try to store the batteries between 50% to 60% and never run them below 20% and always let them cool before
charging . I do this with all my Li-Po batteries I have the original Phantom 1 batteries and they still work fine they are from
2014 and have no swelling . The only DJI batteries I have ever had a problem with are the Phantom 4 Pro , turned out they
were defective .

Always best to stay between 20-80% in the long term, so no I typically don't recharge until needed. Not that important for low draw devices like this anyway.
^This, although because both are transmitters I try and fully charge before flying if convenient.

@Texas Rrd, @boxman, you guys need to read more carefully (or at all? 😄). This had nothing to do with aircraft batteries.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput