Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

DJI Avata release imminent?

nosnoop

Reaction score
More leaks for DJI Avata have surfaced.
As with other DJI products, more and more "leaks" usually indicate that the product will be released soon.

First real pictures of Goggle 2 (or ?V3):

FZMeTURUYAEO7Eg

FZM46VDagAA9iEQ
FZM4N55aAAE5uFM

Latest image of Avata:
FYcEt2SaIAAZyGg

Products have apparently been sent to "KOLs" and influencers for reviews

Reactions: toddo
You can purchase the regular controller, but from what I read on another forum, manual mode is not available.

Going by the latest rumors, it looks like it will have manual/acro/rate mode, but it looks like the product strategy is to try and expand the FPV market significantly by focusing on intuitive and simple controls while making the drone more accident/mistake friendly.

Relatively cheap to allow for rate mode while really confining those users to the bona-fide serious acro flyers by forcing you to buy a separate controller.

I think this a brilliant strategy, and love it.

27m/s in manual is plenty fast for small whoop IMHO.
You are right. It is the other way around in the FPV sports mode is a constant similar speed to that but manual is totally dependant on the wind, a lot slow against and a little fast with.
In Europe it is 800 meters, so bad but in the rest of the world its 9 k/lm. So we will have to see about Australia. However a stabilized gimbal would be great none of that constant wobble.

Last edited:
Range is not what a tiny/cine whoop is all about.

If you want to go far away and look around, this ain't the drone.

Reactions: Deleted member 3641
Thanks rktman, I am aware that tiny/cine is for. But don't want it for that, I want it for fast cine purposes. To fly long distances is not what I am interested in either. I want to be "able" to keep connection all the time, hate drop outs. This is what I mean. If I had a short connection capable machine this would not be possible. It is longer than 800 meters.

Thanks rktman, I am aware that tiny/cine is for. But don't want it for that, I want it for fast cine purposes. To fly long distances is not what I am interested in either. I want to be "able" to keep connection all the time, hate drop outs. This is what I mean. If I had a short connection capable machine this would not be possible. It is longer than 800 meters.
I think you misunderstood my point. More explicit: 800 meters is many, many times thr "traditional" whoop application and market. Certainly BVLOS, something that you can only contemplate because this little guy will have GPS. Again something exceptional for this market segment.

I don't think remote flight at distance was a design consideration for this drone, so I would expect shortcomings trying to use it that way.

The larger DJI FPV is far better suited for the application you are discussing.

Relatively cheap to allow for rate mode while really confining those users to the bona-fide serious acro flyers by forcing you to buy a separate controller.
hellodear.in

teatv.ltd
Very odd decision by DJI.
Actually, for this reason, I am going to hold off buying it at launch.
I'll wait a bit to see if they eventually come out with a bundle with the FPV controller.

Very odd decision by DJI.

I think it's brilliant.

The MC will bring many, many more customers to the segment. Almost anyone can fly with the MC immediately, with no prior experience. It takes a few minutes to "get it" and control the aircraft reasonably well.

Actually, for this reason, I am going to hold off buying it at launch.
I'll wait a bit to see if they eventually come out with a bundle with the FPV controller.

Yeah, I think DJI is expecting that.

OTOH, I think they're expecting many DJI FPV owners who already have the stick controller and goggles to jump on the drone-only package.

I will 😁

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adax