Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

DJI Digital FPV system - out of production

thetechnobear

Reaction score
DJIs website has been updated to show the DJI Digital FPV system as 'out of production',
and redirects you to the new DJI FPV drone/pack.

there still is stock or things like air link in the dji store, but I guess this means no more will come.

does this mean the end of air unit/caddx? and later support of v1?

does this mean DJI have plans for an updated Air Unit v2 , as part for the DJI FPV series?
or the end of support for diy market?

I guess we don't know....

im now a bit sure if I sure rush out to buy a air unit enabled drone .. before the supply runs out...
or wait to see if a v2 is on its way...

I would expect it only affects the actual DJI FPV air unit and goggles v1, which kinda makes sense since goggles v2 work with it and nobody in their right mind would get the DJI unit when the much smaller and lighter caddx ones are available...

But yeah, I'd expect a V2 pretty soon.

I think the concern is... that they have marked the 'DJI Digital FPV system' as out of production, rather than specific products.
so it could mark the end of this 'diy' support, in favour of just supporting thier own fpv drones....

on the flip side, it could be that DJI think this is 'system' is confusing, and will just market a new Air Unit v2, as part of DJI FPV.
so Im hoping this marks the beginning of a consolidation (which is a great thing in my mind) to an new v2 fpv series.

I think this was largely expected... and we will see... I guess main hope is they make their intentions known sooner rather than later.
having the fpv v1 discontinued, without any statement on a fpv v2 system, is going to make alot of fpv-ers unsure of their future options.

on the DJI forum, the admins are now replying with the following standard text....
(I assume this is now the DJI party line)

Hello there, DJI is still making the FPV Goggles V2 and the remote controller for our customers in the FPV community. Due to supply issues for some components of the FPV Air Unit, DJI has worked with a partner to provide an alternative system of equal performance that works with the FPV Goggles V2 and remote controller. Customers can purchase the system around Mid-April. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused our customers. DJI will share an update on the alternative system availability soon.

this is in line with commentators thoughts
a) a supply issue
b) letting caddx take over air unit

and perhaps something new in a few months (which is exciting)

though as commentator who has been with DJI for a very long time remarked...
DJI have in the past indicated intentions, that for some reason or another have not happened... so take future promises with a pinch of salt.

I would expect it only affects the actual DJI FPV air unit and goggles v1, which kinda makes sense since goggles v2 work with it and nobody in their right mind would get the DJI unit when the much smaller and lighter caddx ones are available...

What I like about the DJI Air unit is that it has the SD card slot which provides 1080p 60gps video, whereas the caddx has no SD card slot. The DJI goggles video is not nearly as clear as that provided by the air unit. If I am wrong about this, please let me know, because I would prefer to use the caddx because it is lighter and cheaper.

The caddx doesn't have an SD slot but has 4GB of internal memory it can record to (depending on what cam is installed, it seems).

Reactions: FPV Flier

Plenty still buy the AU. I get it for LR applications. It simply offers better range and weight difference on a 7-10" is negligible.

The caddx doesn't have an SD slot but has 4GB of internal memory it can record to (depending on what cam is installed, it seems).
I have not seen any confirmation of that. Do you have a source?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blackphoenix