Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

DJI FPV can skim the water

John Gowland

Reaction score
Music not yet available to the public, soon I hope. Taken Tuesday 1st Feb 22. Skimming the water.

You're taking a lot of risks flying at high speed and so low from these birds. I don't car so much for the drone, bt if one of these birds is spooked and fly in front of the drone, it'll be toast.

Not realy Eagle Crow just many hours flying near birds and good insurance. But thank you.
What sort of insurance do you have. Here in Australia its almost impossible to get insurance other than household property for rec flying.

I cannot say about other insurance companies but mine, one of the biggest in Australia, covers my drones under personal electronics they have honoured that for drones as well as other electronic devices. Both inside and outside the house.

I would approach it like this, given the changes that have been made regarding drones. Ask them if your personal insurance or contents covers electrical goods they have to say yes unless you've excluded them then you can claim for a drone but approach it wisely. If they get difficult with you, threaten to change your insurance and if they are still difficult with you, search for a more ageable company. I would not mention drones at this stage.

Once they are ok replacing a small part of a drone it would be difficult to refuse you in the future.
My insurance company have already arranged for a replacement of a DJI FPV Combo even though it was just the drone and battery that was damaged.
And DJI have been just as accommodating.

For almost guaranteed coverage I would still get DJI care.

Good hunting.

I cannot say about other insurance companies but mine, one of the biggest in Australia, covers my drones under personal electronics they have honoured that for drones as well as other electronic devices. Both inside and outside the house.

I would approach it like this, given the changes that have been made regarding drones. Ask them if your personal insurance or contents covers electrical goods they have to say yes unless you've excluded them then you can claim for a drone but approach it wisely. If they get difficult with you, threaten to change your insurance and if they are still difficult with you, search for a more ageable company. I would not mention drones at this stage.

Once they are ok replacing a small part of a drone it would be difficult to refuse you in the future.
My insurance company have already arranged for a replacement of a DJI FPV Combo even though it was just the drone and battery that was damaged.
And DJI have been just as accommodating.

For almost guaranteed coverage I would still get DJI care.

Good hunting.
May I ask what contents insurance company you are with.

I understand kejoal11 I would not have done it a few years ago but having clocked up many hours, not with the DJI FPV of course, near birds and over water. Nor without excellent insurance and DJI care.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adax