Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

DJI FPV Cost Of Repair

RTH

Reaction score
Has anyone used dji to repair the fpv drone?
If so, was it reasonable?

This thing looks to be a money pit regarding the cost.
Would hate to have to do it myself though.

Thanks Guys!

Not necessarily, you can buy now some spare parts and do the repairs yourself.

I have feedback from people who crashed their drone and sent it to dji for repair, they were sometimes surprised that the costs were not so excessive (and without the fly care refresh which in my opinion not worth it), in fact depending on the damage, dji often proceeds to a standard exchange of your drone and send you a reconditioned or new one. In my opinion it costs a lot if you lose the drone completely or if you explode it seriously (but it's the same with any drone, even more if you had a gopro). But for small repairs (arms, engine...) it's quite affordable.

It's a drone that seems a bit fragile and more high tech, so you tend to take less risks than with another one, moreover you have many assistances (failsafe RTH, pause flying, gps, strong signal and good range) so if you don't do crazy stuff or dog freestyle normally you don't crash it or maybe less than a classic one.

Not necessarily, you can buy now some spare parts and do the repairs yourself.

I have feedback from people who crashed their drone and sent it to dji for repair, they were sometimes surprised that the costs were not so excessive (and without the fly care refresh which in my opinion not worth it), in fact depending on the damage, dji often proceeds to a standard exchange of your drone and send you a reconditioned or new one. In my opinion it costs a lot if you lose the drone completely or if you explode it seriously (but it's the same with any drone, even more if you had a gopro). But for small repairs (arms, engine...) it's quite affordable.

It's a drone that seems a bit fragile and more high tech, so you tend to take less risks than with another one, moreover you have many assistances (failsafe RTH, pause flying, gps, strong signal and good range) so if you don't do crazy stuff or dog freestyle normally you don't crash it or maybe less than a classic one.
I agree completely. It's a fantastic machine, but's it's a flying wine glass. I highly recommend the braces between the arms.

Reactions: BigSteel
Has anyone used dji to repair the fpv drone?
If so, was it reasonable?

This thing looks to be a money pit regarding the cost.
Would hate to have to do it myself though.

Thanks Guys!
Broken arm, motor housing, motor. Australian $125 including shipping.

Got mine second hand in November. Had my first real crash that did more than bend/break a few propellers last week. Broken arm, upper cover, lower cover, mid frame (those last three were small, but came up on the DJI repair quote) - ~45 USD with shipping (there was still a bit of Care Refresh left from the previous owner). From shipping it off to having it back in my hards was about 10 days.

Reactions: Eagle Crow
Can confirm, DJI has twice charged me about $100 for repair and sent a NIB or reconditioned drone. I have two that I rotate through for repair time, and to have a second on the job if one goes down.

Reactions: Eagle Crow
Based on the wording from DJI Care Refresh do they charge you a smaller fee if you have care refresh vs none?

Got mine second hand in November. Had my first real crash that did more than bend/break a few propellers last week. Broken arm, upper cover, lower cover, mid frame (those last three were small, but came up on the DJI repair quote) - ~45 USD with shipping (there was still a bit of Care Refresh left from the previous owner). From shipping it off to having it back in my hards was about 10 days.
DJI Australia are excellent in their response. I delivered my major crash to their National repair facility early on a Monday morning and had it back, repaired not replaced (my choice) on the Wednesday.

I just received my FPV back from DJI Korea (for the second time in as many months - whoops!), and as Kilrah mentioned above having Care Refresh just gives you the option to get a completely new unit versus paying whatever the repair fee is. For me this second time it was 43,500 KRW versus about 250,000 KRW for a new unit altogether.
I'd assumed as well that having Care Refresh meant that repair fees were cheaper too (but I've been surprised at how cheap it's been here in Korea!), but really the best usage case would be for when you completely blow the thing up, lose it entirely, or have it plummet into the water. Then you're paying one-third or one-quarter the price of a new unit.

I agree completely. It's a fantastic machine, but's it's a flying wine glass. I highly recommend the braces between the arms.
I had seen the brace in some photos and was wondering why it was there - thx for filling in the gaps!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanykcz