Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

DJI FPV Crash Jackets : Water and Impact Resistant - New Product Release

Phantomrain.org

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
It did not take us long to figure out what this drone really needed.
We needed to make the DJI FPV Water Resistant to fly in the Pouring Rain and Protect it from tearing it self apart.

Screenshot 03-20-2021 17.56.21.jpg

Screenshot 03-20-2021 16.42.19.jpgScreenshot 03-20-2021 16.33.55.jpgScreenshot 03-20-2021 17.12.52.jpgScreenshot 03-20-2021 16.52.54.jpgScreenshot 03-20-2021 16.53.11.jpgScreenshot 03-20-2021 17.23.24.jpgScreenshot 03-20-2021 17.43.27.jpg

Forum Members will get all 3 Color Designs: Black / Neon Blue / Neon Red and 3 Battery Sealed Covers.

Email me at [email protected] FPV Crash Jacket for more Info:

and Protect your drone .

We had a little tiny Rain but we did capture it.
As with all our product we will keep the videos update with every new storm.

Reactions: droneguy and A.O.
The Crash Jackets Provide a fully Water proof Battery with an Air Tight Seal. Now we can land in the water this is going to be awesome. Will post video soon.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly you FPV in the Rain and Land on the Water.

Reactions: toffa and A.O.
The bath tub test , lolllll
No were looking to do something like this as we did with the Other DJI drones , its coming for the FTP

Since the Forum members get Two Color Designs you can mx them up or put one color on one side an another on the other, looks awesome. . The Water Proof Battery Covers are a game changer for flying in the Rain and landing in the water.

screenshot_08.png

Last edited:
Crash jacket?
#1 damage in crashes seem to be arms breaking ... so crash protection needs the arms to some how be strengthed, like the arm bracers do.

I can still see it being useful if it allows you to fly in wet conditions ... not really an issue here in Southern Spain :)

Crash jacket?
#1 damage in crashes seem to be arms breaking ... so crash protection needs the arms to some how be strengthed, like the arm bracers do.

I can still see it being useful if it allows you to fly in wet conditions ... not really an issue here in Southern Spain :)
From what I can tell thus far, Arm Brackets just end up taking out all of the arms so for me this makes no sense.

The Majority of Crashes are just going to fast , however for all the other Mishaps such as Ripping thru twigs, scrapes , bumps and rolling around on the ground its going to help immensely keep your drone looking good and not looking like a Junk Yard Part which means it will hold its Resale value much better.

The number of people who flip this upside down on take off an landing is staggering. so i think this will save quite a few drones from those mishaps alone.

The Wet Suit will allow it to fly in the rain and when paired up with the Rescue Jacket land on the water because of the Water Proof battery covers of the Wet Suit.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to Protect your DJI FPV

well each accident is going to be different, so we cant really generalise.

I think for many of us though, the concern is that arm break in what seem like quite minor accidents.
I dont think anyone is expecting to survive a 20m dive into the ground...
rather the shooting gaps, at slower speeds can catching the ground or branch.

I think this is where the arm bracers give a 50/50 chance ...
though i guess we need to see more examples of crashes to see how this pans out in reality
... i think for now they seem like the best protection (excluding your flying style :))

the other side is...frankly it doesn't matter if you break one or two arms, the cost difference in materials is pretty small, its the inconvenience of getting parts or sending it back thats the main pain.

as for those crashing on landing/take off thats because they are using M mode...
the issue is the drone , when resting on the ground the dji fpv tilts forward, unlike a traditional which is flat...
this means its basically a bit unbalanced - this is whats catching many out.
... you either have to adapt to that OR take off/land in N/S which is what many seem to have settled on,.

Reactions: AndreasT
The Crash Jackets Provide a fully Water proof Battery with an Air Tight Seal. Now we can land in the water this is going to be awesome. Will post video soon.

Phantomrain.org
These look amazing! Looking forward to playing in the rain!

• Love
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Update on the Battery :
Full submersion in the Pouring Rain for 20 seconds render the Battery on the DJI FPV completely Useless,

Thus the reason why we have the Air tight Seal on the Battery Covers .

Phantomrain.org

Reactions: droneguy
New colors this year : Lunar Purple and All White for the FPV Wet Suits

Forum members will get both Colors in the Package of there choice.
Email me at [email protected]

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your FPV in the Rain.

Last edited:
Looking for someone who might want to experiment with the FPV Recovery Pods.

Need an expert that think they can loop or go inverted with the Recovery Pod on.

Dare Devils only need apply, PM me.

Screenshot 03-07-2021 19.16.02.jpg

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Recover your drone on the water.

Reactions: toffa and dirkclod
Hi what’s the price thanks
The forum members get the Twilight Wet Suit Package , comes with #3 Colors : All Black : Black and Neon Red and Firefly Blue its $94.95 and comes with #3 Air Tight Battery Covers and # 3 Power Button Seals.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water

Hey All. Coal made me a custom set of FPV wetsuits. I mixed them up to come up with these. Can’t wait for rescue jackets!

Attachments

• 1808AE3C-D3F5-47B4-996C-32A46DAFE716.jpeg
    1808AE3C-D3F5-47B4-996C-32A46DAFE716.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
  • CBBEF1B8-D013-4688-9846-685E3840E041.jpeg
    CBBEF1B8-D013-4688-9846-685E3840E041.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
  • 7563C8C2-1EB8-462A-87AF-ADBDCF32F6BE.jpeg
    7563C8C2-1EB8-462A-87AF-ADBDCF32F6BE.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
Scout’s wetsuit has been modified a bit to allow a mounting system for flood and spot lights.

Thanks again Coal!!

Mike

Attachments

• IMG_3039.jpeg
    IMG_3039.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3042.jpeg
    IMG_3042.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3041.jpeg
    IMG_3041.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0