Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

DJI FPV Drone first acro flight, first time FPV experience

Sava89

Reaction score
Hello im new to FPV never tried one until 3 days ago when I've got my DJI FPV. First it was new experience in sport mode for me since I've flown mavics since they exist so naturally sport mode was fun as it is compared to mavic 2 Pro.
- Anyone coming from an mavic/phantom will handle normal/sport mode right away since its quiet similar.

Then I've got Liftoff to try manual mode ... lol what fail was that from my side and totally new experience that throws away everything you know about flying mavic, this has NOTHING to do with that, anyhow practiced for 4-5 hours and decided to try real flight [emoji85][emoji86][emoji85]

So here it is:

And my quick 2cents about DJI FPV:

- 1st of all experience of first flight in sport mode was just fun, I was more thrilled by the FPV googles and "being" in the aircraft then the flying itself ( I fly my M2P Sport mode 95% of time ) the only real difference would be turning around its WAYYY more agile and does everything much faster then mavic even in N(normal) mode. After 1st minute I switched to sport and flew like that 3 batteries lol.

- FPV 1st time Acro ( Manual ) mode ... well huh [emoji28]

- Once I enabled manual and turned off horizontal thing adrenalin started pumping lol.
When I got it in the air I was pleasantly surprised its actually easier ( for me at least ) then in the simulator, of course I was scared to do powerloops and all other crazy stuff I do In simulator but never the less the FEELING for the first time in the air with full control is quiet outstanding, my hands were shaking, didn't feel my legs, my sight was blurry I thought at one point I'll faint lol! [emoji28], the heart was pumping like crazy, I feel it was hitting so hard my googles were shaking from my heart beats.
- Anyway you have to experience it to know it.

- I do photography & videography for a living and for me this is for now just a way for fun, mavic 2 Pro is still for buisness, also has much better camera but understandably this isn't meant for that, anyway I'm satisfied with the video quality for what it is, D-cinelike isn't too bad, of course D-log from mavic is another dimension but this is OK for potentially filling some "GAPS" that mavic can't do.

- I think this FPV Drone is good for some fun and perhaps a transition for mavic users, for me it was due lack of time to get into standard FPV with building and everything + I'm not really interested that much into building I just wanna fly so for me this is perfect solution.

Maybe even guys with all standard FPV stuff could find this appealing due nice camera, and decent battery life for cruising, another thing perhaps would be safety of the batteries it's the same as for other DJI products plug n play no worries or monitoring it. In one sentence " It just works as intended "

Speaking of battery I've got max 11 minutes in sport mode around 60-70% of the time 60mph/100kmh flying, in Manual(acro) I've got around 14 since I was way slower like 50km/h average

- The issue with this solution is you will NEVER feel comfortable flying under / around objects as close as with standard FPV since this isn't meant to take HARD beating, never the less build quality is truly outstanding and good it can definitely take SOME beating but nowhere near standard FPV drone built for that.

- I'd like to think this drone is good for cruising, exploring, relaxation, of course it can do flips and rolls quiet easily, I've done it under 5hrs of simulator so it's not that hard, but for a real free style and COMFORT you will need standard carbon fiber FPV drone unless you're too rich and you don't care for crashing these [emoji16]

- Anyway final thoughts I'm satisfied with the aircraft and whole package it is just IMPORTANT for every buyer to understand for what this is for and that's definitely NOT freestyle

Last edited:
congratulations, looks like you had a lot of fun!
really great to hear your first impressions too... and I can only imagine how nerve wracking M mode is at first.

how did you find the transition to fpv?
In prep for fpv, Ive taken out my Air, and tried to fly it by watching the phone (rather than drone), but I found it really hard to judge distances e.g. things like height from the ground.
so Im left wondering, with fpv is this something you get used to... or is its just using a phone display is just not bright/clear/big enough to get get an fpv type view?

Reactions: Sava89
You get used to it but it is WAY easier with goggles than with a screen and all the distractions around it.
Yeah, I'm hoping DJI will soon release on android their simulator it'll probably be better for practice then liftoff.

congratulations, looks like you had a lot of fun!
really great to hear your first impressions too... and I can only imagine how nerve wracking M mode is at first.

how did you find the transition to fpv?
In prep for fpv, Ive taken out my Air, and tried to fly it by watching the phone (rather than drone), but I found it really hard to judge distances e.g. things like height from the ground.
so Im left wondering, with fpv is this something you get used to... or is its just using a phone display is just not bright/clear/big enough to get get an fpv type view?

Thanks! [emoji112], Fun indeed, it fulfilled what I was hoping for to get from this.

- The M mode was adrenalin kicker I haven't felt this much for a long time.

- As for transition to FPV for me it was pleasant, the goggles really are something else, its so crisp and easy to see everything + it's bright so you do get a very good picture out of it.

- Preparing on Mavic ( any mavic ) doesn't really have much to do with this, when you put goggles on its completely different experience since you're basically in the aircraft and flying near objects/around and over then is much easier then with Mavics, most of us when trying to get thru "tight" space with mavic usually inspect it, set the height and then hope to pass thru [emoji2957][emoji23], with this you have the confidence immediately to do that.

- Mavic flying will make it easy to fly this in N/S modes, Its kinda like mavic but with sharp turns and hybrid/fpv view, you get some of FPV but not all of it, you can't do complicated turns unless in M mode.

For reference here's my first flight with DJI FPV where after a minut of flying in N I switched to S And flew the rest of the battery like that. Also tested how good D-cinelike is.

- I had to fly MP2 today for buisness and after flying Sim + DJI FPV Acro for the past few days flying the mavic was so strange even that I'm flying them for years.

- Mp2 felt slow and sluggish compared to FPV, The biggest change/issue was that video feed was SO SLOW v.s. " Instant " on FPV.

- Lastly its natural you can't " Feel safe" with flying mavic closer to the ground by observing it. Even watching on the phone screen still doesn't feel "safe" the camera view simply doesn't make you feel safe ( which is probably good if it was looking like fpv there would be much more regular drone crashes lol )
- With FPV flying low you simply know and see if you're low or not. Aside from that FPV when watching the aircraft fly thru air looks very fast but looking the same thing thru goggles doesn't feel as fast so it's easier to control it.

- The ONLY strange thing for me when first trying FPV was that picture is tiny bit shaky due drone "aggression " while flying since you don't see that flying a mavic due 3 axis gimbal. Never the less you get used to it fast.

thanks @Sava89 and @Kilrah that really reassuring.

I had assumed that this was the case, as thats kind of the point of FPV.
but hearing others saying they felt the same about flying a mavic close to the ground vs fpv makes me much more confident.

... now I just have to wait for the drone to be delivered :)

Reactions: mrmund
thanks @Sava89 and @Kilrah that really reassuring.

I had assumed that this was the case, as thats kind of the point of FPV.
but hearing others saying they felt the same about flying a mavic close to the ground vs fpv makes me much more confident.

... now I just have to wait for the drone to be delivered :)
Np mate [emoji108][emoji112]

cannot figure out how to start motors , remote connected to drone , camera tilting through the roller on remote , but stiks doesnt do anythig , what iam doing wrong ????

cannot figure out how to start motors , remote connected to drone , camera tilting through the roller on remote , but stiks doesnt do anythig , what iam doing wrong ????
cheeeessss , find out :) on my mavic 2 it was easier in the beggining

Np mate [emoji108][emoji112]
Sava89: do you have dji goggles for your mavic?

If so, how does the video compare in the V2’s vs DJI goggles (white)? I have them for my mavic pro and i think the video is not sharp. I have to stop and look for it to be sharp. When flying its not blurry but just not sharp like videos you watch on here. That was my thought for upgrading to the dji fpv. More ”real” expierence, like looking out an airplane window.

I don't have goggles for my MP2 never really felt the need or wish to fly it like that, the goggles from DJI FPV Drone are great it's really sharp and easy to see everything even though I don't have perfect sight I find no trouble flying with them.

Reactions: afreakofnature
Thanks! [emoji112], Fun indeed, it fulfilled what I was hoping for to get from this.

- The M mode was adrenalin kicker I haven't felt this much for a long time.

- As for transition to FPV for me it was pleasant, the goggles really are something else, its so crisp and easy to see everything + it's bright so you do get a very good picture out of it.

- Preparing on Mavic ( any mavic ) doesn't really have much to do with this, when you put goggles on its completely different experience since you're basically in the aircraft and flying near objects/around and over then is much easier then with Mavics, most of us when trying to get thru "tight" space with mavic usually inspect it, set the height and then hope to pass thru [emoji2957][emoji23], with this you have the confidence immediately to do that.

- Mavic flying will make it easy to fly this in N/S modes, Its kinda like mavic but with sharp turns and hybrid/fpv view, you get some of FPV but not all of it, you can't do complicated turns unless in M mode.

For reference here's my first flight with DJI FPV where after a minut of flying in N I switched to S And flew the rest of the battery like that. Also tested how good D-cinelike is.

- I had to fly MP2 today for buisness and after flying Sim + DJI FPV Acro for the past few days flying the mavic was so strange even that I'm flying them for years.

- Mp2 felt slow and sluggish compared to FPV, The biggest change/issue was that video feed was SO SLOW v.s. " Instant " on FPV.

- Lastly its natural you can't " Feel safe" with flying mavic closer to the ground by observing it. Even watching on the phone screen still doesn't feel "safe" the camera view simply doesn't make you feel safe ( which is probably good if it was looking like fpv there would be much more regular drone crashes lol )
- With FPV flying low you simply know and see if you're low or not. Aside from that FPV when watching the aircraft fly thru air looks very fast but looking the same thing thru goggles doesn't feel as fast so it's easier to control it.

- The ONLY strange thing for me when first trying FPV was that picture is tiny bit shaky due drone "aggression " while flying since you don't see that flying a mavic due 3 axis gimbal. Never the less you get used to it fast.
Couple of questions... the split in the picture a couple times, what is that?

And this drone records audio?? I like that.

Couple of questions... the split in the picture a couple times, what is that?

And this drone records audio?? I like that.
The split is me showing how the D-cinelike profile looks and how it looks when I grade it. Im actually satisfied with picture profile it's decent.
Yes the drone has audio recording.

Reactions: A.O.
Hello im new to FPV never tried one until 3 days ago when I've got my DJI FPV. First it was new experience in sport mode for me since I've flown mavics since they exist so naturally sport mode was fun as it is compared to mavic 2 Pro.
- Anyone coming from an mavic/phantom will handle normal/sport mode right away since its quiet similar.

Then I've got Liftoff to try manual mode ... lol what fail was that from my side and totally new experience that throws away everything you know about flying mavic, this has NOTHING to do with that, anyhow practiced for 4-5 hours and decided to try real flight [emoji85][emoji86][emoji85]

So here it is:

And my quick 2cents about DJI FPV:

- 1st of all experience of first flight in sport mode was just fun, I was more thrilled by the FPV googles and "being" in the aircraft then the flying itself ( I fly my M2P Sport mode 95% of time ) the only real difference would be turning around its WAYYY more agile and does everything much faster then mavic even in N(normal) mode. After 1st minute I switched to sport and flew like that 3 batteries lol.

- FPV 1st time Acro ( Manual ) mode ... well huh [emoji28]

- Once I enabled manual and turned off horizontal thing adrenalin started pumping lol.
When I got it in the air I was pleasantly surprised its actually easier ( for me at least ) then in the simulator, of course I was scared to do powerloops and all other crazy stuff I do In simulator but never the less the FEELING for the first time in the air with full control is quiet outstanding, my hands were shaking, didn't feel my legs, my sight was blurry I thought at one point I'll faint lol! [emoji28], the heart was pumping like crazy, I feel it was hitting so hard my googles were shaking from my heart beats.
- Anyway you have to experience it to know it.

- I do photography & videography for a living and for me this is for now just a way for fun, mavic 2 Pro is still for buisness, also has much better camera but understandably this isn't meant for that, anyway I'm satisfied with the video quality for what it is, D-cinelike isn't too bad, of course D-log from mavic is another dimension but this is OK for potentially filling some "GAPS" that mavic can't do.

- I think this FPV Drone is good for some fun and perhaps a transition for mavic users, for me it was due lack of time to get into standard FPV with building and everything + I'm not really interested that much into building I just wanna fly so for me this is perfect solution.

Maybe even guys with all standard FPV stuff could find this appealing due nice camera, and decent battery life for cruising, another thing perhaps would be safety of the batteries it's the same as for other DJI products plug n play no worries or monitoring it. In one sentence " It just works as intended "

Speaking of battery I've got max 11 minutes in sport mode around 60-70% of the time 60mph/100kmh flying, in Manual(acro) I've got around 14 since I was way slower like 50km/h average

- The issue with this solution is you will NEVER feel comfortable flying under / around objects as close as with standard FPV since this isn't meant to take HARD beating, never the less build quality is truly outstanding and good it can definitely take SOME beating but nowhere near standard FPV drone built for that.

- I'd like to think this drone is good for cruising, exploring, relaxation, of course it can do flips and rolls quiet easily, I've done it under 5hrs of simulator so it's not that hard, but for a real free style and COMFORT you will need standard carbon fiber FPV drone unless you're too rich and you don't care for crashing these [emoji16]

- Anyway final thoughts I'm satisfied with the aircraft and whole package it is just IMPORTANT for every buyer to understand for what this is for and that's definitely NOT freestyle

I'm still with the thrill of Sport Mode, with the throttle stick in the Manual mode... Still waiting for the Android version of the simulator. By the way, good footage!

Ive tried on ios the flight simulator, its pretty and all but gravity literally doesn't exist. Maybe it's because I've tried it on older iPhone 7 but still very unrealistic, Liftoff is much better.

Reactions: PinpointUAVS

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax