Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

DJI FPV Drone Remote Controller 2

Jeff A

Reaction score
Has anyone recently purchased AND RECEIVED the Controller 2 with the Firmware that is compatible with the Avata?

Has anyone recently purchased AND RECEIVED the Controller 2 with the Firmware that is compatible with the Avata?
Anyone?

Yup, got the controller, still had to update the firmware. Works fine.

Not yet. I ordered my drone in August, received it about a week later and still waiting for the remote. I even ordered a second from a different place and still nothing.

Yup, got the controller, still had to update the firmware. Works fine.
Where did you get it and were you able to get it for retail, or was the price jacked?

I received an email notification just a few days ago from DJI that they have them in stock again. I expect they will go quick.

This almost funny... I'll bet a few months ago you couldn't sell one standalone to save your life 🤣

Thanks, Jeff. Order is packaged up and you will receive tracking information in just a bit. Thank you again.

Yes, just yesterday from DJI Store with a manufacture date of 2022/10. Supply chain issues for sure.

We should be receiving another round of them very soon. As soon as they come in, we will post back here. Thanks

I finally had the opportunity to fly the Avata with the Remote Control 2. It is sensitive. So far, I am more comfortable flying close to the ground or close to objects with the Motion Controller.

The MC is very intuitive, sticks are anything but.

Not much practice is necessary to become relatively competent with MC. However, it has some significant limitations in terms of control degrees of freedom, and precision.

When you get skilled with the RC, you'll find it better for close ground flying dense environments. Simply being able to back up or slide sideways is very useful.

Right now you don't unconsciously think to make those maneuvers because they're new. Once they just become a part of how you think to maneuver the RC will be the choice most of the time in those environments.

I concur with @rktman. I took the fpv controller 2 for a spin earlier today. With the MC it's possible to do orbit maneuvers using head tracking but with the fpv controller 2 it's way easier just using the sticks. You can do a lot more with the controller 2.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput