Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

DJI FPV Goggles v2 vs. DJI HD Goggles RE

Sayenah

Reaction score
Hello,

can someone share their experience comparing FPV between the original DJI HD Racing Edition goggles and the new DJI FPV v2 goggles? (I know the HD RE goggles only worked with the Mavic line, and the FPV is only with the DJI FPV system and the new drone)

the resolution on the FPV V2 goggles is far lower than the HD goggles. Is the video quality relatively worse? Does the smaller latency make up for it?

how is the immersion factor compared between the two?

Kinda depends what device you use them with, but overall the FPV goggles have a sharper display (old ones tend to be blurry in the edges), better immersion and are way more comfortable.

That's not what he's talking about, he mentions the RE goggles which are 1080p.

Reactions: raspberry
That's not what he's talking about, he mentions the RE goggles which are 1080p.
Hey thanks for the response! Yes, so I am trying to do research on this. I currently use the DJI RE goggles with my Mavic Air 2 (I HDMI in from a Smart Controller). The Goggles say “1080p” in the top right corner on the OSD... but that is not everything.

I keep on hearing how the DJI FPV v2 is the ultimate FPv experience and with OcuSync 3.0 the low latency and image clarity is top-notch, yet I can’t reconcile the numbers on the spec sheet. With the exception of the 28ms latency the DJI RE goggles beat the FPV goggles.

so, I decided to ask you fine folks who have experienced both of these to tell me which one is a better, more immersive, and prettier FPV experience.

Unfortunately, it may just have become a moot topic... ;-(

Attachments

• 19C1FE00-BE17-492E-8E15-17E39776D513.jpeg
    19C1FE00-BE17-492E-8E15-17E39776D513.jpeg
    406.5 KB · Views: 26
yeah, I think at the moment we are in a bit of a state of limbo. current situation seems to be its best to 'wait and see'.

I think its most are expecting that dji (well caddx) will release a v2 air unit, which'll support googles v2 and controller v2.
this will be the new v2 fpv system... (hopefully the mid april date that dji mentioned will be when they detail this ?)

as for mavic lineup... new googles don't have hdmi input
so perhaps future options are:

a) dji release new mavic series with v2 google compatibiilty.
this would seem reasonable, in conjuction with O3 compatibity

b) dji release a dji fly app, that can output video via usb-c ... this could work on any goggles.
we know this is technically possible , since dji iOS sim outputs video to the googles.

I think this is 'best case' scenario.. as it assumes DJI will consolidate product lines on a technology,
however, unfortunately - DJI do not have a strong record of this.
rather in this area, they take a consumer product approach.. which means just release new products with the latest tech rather develop a platform.

but who knows... if DJI view fpv more as an 'optional accessory', then it would make sense to have compatibility.

Reactions: AKflyer
screen resolution is only one of many factors that affect the quality of the image in the goggles. The DJI RE goggles despite having a high resolution sufer from a lower bit rate which means that the image quality is not as good as the DJI FPV goggles. You can look at the bitrate as a representation of the amout of detail in the image. Higher bitrate means more detail reaches the goggles. The latency is also much lower on the DJI FPV goggles. Since DJI added the 50mbps mode to the FPV goggles, there is literally no comparison to the DJI white or RE goggles.

Reactions: Sayenah
screen resolution is only one of many factors that affect the quality of the image in the goggles. The DJI RE goggles despite having a high resolution sufer from a lower bit rate which means that the image quality is not as good as the DJI FPV goggles. You can look at the bitrate as a representation of the amout of detail in the image. Higher bitrate means more detail reaches the goggles. The latency is also much lower on the DJI FPV goggles. Since DJI added the 50mbps mode to the FPV goggles, there is literally no comparison to the DJI white or RE goggles.
Thank you. This is exactly what I was looking for!

To continue on what @droneguy was mentioning, I think it ultimately comes down to transmission and range. Owning both goggles I can say the V2 goggles are like looking through the lens of a live GoPro Action cam whereas the RE goggles are noticably latent and more digitized.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput