Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

DJI FPV System + 3rd party controller

Nickstef92

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am totally new to fpv world and I have some questions. Unfortunately I couldn’t find any info on this so forgive me if this was mentioned before.
Is it possible to use the dji fpv system with a 3rd party controller? Currently I have the Taranis x9 lite. If yes are there any cons on this? Range, latency etc.

thank you in advance!

Unfortunately No. DJI systems are totally proprietary, they only work with the hardware designed to be part of that system. For example I have a DJI Mavic Pro but it's controller will not work with my DJI FPV quadcopter, or any other DJI drone for that matter. So to use my DJI FPV I also have to have the DJI Goggles V2. (the V1 will not work) and I also need to have the DJI FPV Controller V2 to control the aircraft.

To get started with the DJI FPV is to buy the whole system together in a combo or fly more package. If you have already researched this you already know the price for the combo is about $ 1300.00. I really like my DJI drones but when I started getting into quadcopters I never even would have dreamed about spending that much money on a hobby.

Reactions: CrocMonster
There are many other Bind and Fly FPV quads out there and some of them are bound to work with the Trannis X9 lite. Many FPV style quads are designed with easily replaceable airframe parts. If you break a DJI drone they are a challenge to repair yourself and are expensive to get repaired.
The DJI FPV drone is a great machine with N mode being good for beginners Sport mode for skilled pilots and M mode for experienced racing and freestyle pilots it is probably the most versatile Quad copter drone there is.
The downside is You have to buy the whole system at once. You'll definitely want to buy a couple of batteries after you fly it, that will cost another $300.

Yes you can, there will just be no link/interaction between the RC and video parts.
Kilrah,
So are you saying that I could use my Trannis X9D plus controller to fly my DJI FPV Drone?
Please tell me more about this as I was unaware it was possible. For instance how do you bind the Trannis to the DJI FPV ? What settings in the trannis do you use and do you need a specific external control module to put in the trannis? If there is a video on it a link to it would be most helpful.

So are you saying that I could use my Trannis X9D plus controller to fly my DJI FPV Drone?
No but that was not the question. OP asked about the DJI FPV System, i.e. the air unit and goggles that you put on your custom quad. With that you can either use the DJI remote that goes with it, or use any other radio with its own receiver.

Reactions: mrmund and Terry 63

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happypapaya