Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

DJI Goggles 2

Anzacjack

Reaction score
There still seems to be a lack of better options for the Avata goggles. The standard padding is pretty uncomfortable and I thought after market options would have appeared before now

I know. These goggles are so much better than previous, but so uncomfortable. Its the only thing stopping me from flying more

There still seems to be a lack of better options for the Avata goggles. The standard padding is pretty uncomfortable and I thought after market options would have appeared before now

The DJI website ha had advertised the foam padding ever since the Avata was released, however even though I ordered them back when I ordered the aircraft, they are still not available. Last communication I had with DJI they will ship in 3 weeks. It’s now Oct 22 this happened last week. However in the meantime I jury rigged the original padding from the fpv goggles and it actually works perfectly, just needs a little trimming in the nose area but actuallconforms nicely to the smaller size. I originally had it over the standard goggles 2 padding but it placed my eyes a bit too far from the lenses and also messed with the sensor so sometimes the goggles would not turn on right away and I had to fiddle a little, once I removed the installed padding and replaced with the fpv goggles padding it worked perfectly, confort and vision perfect.

Reactions: Halifax
Just ordered the "foam padding" from the DJI store. Hoping it will be like the foam padding that replaced the crap in the Goggles V2. We'll see....

Yep. From what i can see, its just the same padding as already fitted to the goggles 2. Its seems strange to me that decent after market padding hasnt been released yet. The last version of goggles had straps and padding made very quickly, and i dont think the original padding was as bad as the dji goggle 2. Hopefully someone will have something soon

Its seems strange to me that decent after market padding hasnt been released yet. The last version of goggles had straps and padding made very quickly
Probably because all it took for the V2 was a bit of foam and a velcro while the Goggles 2 need a complex plastic part to clip in...

Reactions: mark426
Yea probably. Flew for a bit today with the avata. Had 6 students have a fly and all reported the uncomfortable nose. I may need to design something myself

It is exactly a replacement, just picked mine up today and I'm likely returning it tomorrow. This is what I ended up doing, works great. It's the original padding from the fpv goggles

Attachments

• IMG_4472.jpeg
    IMG_4472.jpeg
    256 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4473.jpeg
    IMG_4473.jpeg
    207.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4474.jpeg
    IMG_4474.jpeg
    233.5 KB · Views: 15
Aliexpress has 2 different ones, ordered them both, due to arrive Dec 10. I'll post a review as soon as possible.

Reactions: Krrr
No i meant in your pics, you said you ended up using the foam from the original fpv goggles (i am assumig the V2s), how did you attach that. Or am I missing something
I'm using double sided tape. However I ordered one of the Ali Express ones that go over the goggles 2 padding, they look good and the price is also good. If they don't work I will probably look for a a more permanent way to glue the fpv goggles padding I'm using.

Reactions: afreakofnature

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happypapaya