Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

DJI goggles with HDMI IN module

Georgero

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I just finished this module which I worked on it for some time and now am ready to share the results with you. This module will work with any HDMI-enabled device. In my case, I have an Nvidia Shield tablet that has a mini HDMI output but this will work with any device with an HDMI output. The video out of this device will go in the AV input of the goggles this is why there will not be a full HD resolution but is still pretty good. As you know the av input on these goggles is a 4:3 aspect ratio and the image from HDMI will be shrunk to that aspect ratio. I used it with my Mavic Pro drone and with Autel Evo 2 but you can use it with any drone as soon you have a tablet or phone who has the HDMI output. Also, you can use this module with a Flight simulator of your choice. For now, I use it with a custom battery but I am working on a version that can use the original DJI battery.
Please let me know what you think of it and if there could be some improvements.

.20220117_210658.jpg20220117_212100.jpg20220117_212107.jpg20220117_212321.jpg20220117_212350_HDR.jpg20220117_212408.jpg20220117_212451_HDR.jpg20220117_212606.jpg

Last edited:
Nice module and rather discreet box 👍
If I understand correctly the battery is used to power the module + the goggles ? Isn't the HDMI enough to power the module and use the battery only for the goggles ?

For the dji V2, I wonder if it's possible to use an HDMI to USB-C cable / converter to mirror the PC screen or a way to stream video via usb to the DJI goggles to get HD ?
Because it's already possible to get HD when playing with dji virtual flight with an USB cable between the goggles and an iphone.

Last edited:
The module needs 5v to operate and the Hdmi not getting power from the tablet. maybe other devices can send that voltage but not my tablet.
As you know there are some hacks to get video out from that USB c port but not in. I know DJI can unlock that in future FW but I guess they wait to release a new version of the goggles because that means more $ for them.
As far I know no one figure it out how to unlock that. Maybe in the future. So far I am happy with what I get with this module I made.

Love it. Keep us posted!

Recommend to post a video on YouTube for more exposure and feedback. If you do post one send us the link!

Thanks for bringing this great innovative idea/project to the hobby!

Nice, I'm back loving the FPV and now prefer it to even a large tablet. I would like to see (if) I got the new Mavic 3 how I could get my v2 FPV goggles to work... I have not looked, but if the v2 DJI goggles have an AV in I'd be interested!

I don't think it is possible to connect a mavic to the dji v2 goggles.

However if you just want to fly with a mavic in an immersive way, you can use any headset for smartphone or even better with the litchi mobile application there is a vr mode (you 'll need a headset with 2 separates lens) but the nice thing is that the mavic react to head tracking : see more here : Help - Litchi

warning : litchi is not yet compatoble with the mavic 3, because the dji sdk for this model is not yet released.

As for now, it is not possible to use these versions of the FPV goggles with any other drone in less you have a DJI fpv drone or a fpv drone with DJI air unit or the new caddx vista cameras installed on them, to be able to have a digital video.
For analog, you need to have an analog receiver attached to these goggles with additional antennas and feed the video to the AV input on the goggles. That's all no other drones can be connected even the DJI series of drones.
I come up with this module just because I want to use these goggles with my other drones. For now, I am happy with the results even I get to see only in 4:3 format but I am used to it because I flew fpv drones with analog VTX and it does not bother me so much.

Last edited:
I don't think it is possible to connect a mavic to the dji v2 goggles.

However if you just want to fly with a mavic in an immersive way, you can use any headset for smartphone or even better with the litchi mobile application there is a vr mode (you 'll need a headset with 2 separates lens) but the nice thing is that the mavic react to head tracking : see more here : Help - Litchi

warning : litchi is not yet compatoble with the mavic 3, because the dji sdk for this model is not yet released.
I use the vr goggles before with the litchi app and I wasn't so impressed. I didn't use them for too long because on any pair of goggles I bought and I bought 4 different ones the field of view is so narrow. The second reason I don't use those is the latency. It is so bad for my eye I get dizzy in the first minute of the flight.
When you look directly on the phone screen you do not notice that but once you put on the goggles you will notice right away. I know some people have no problems with that but for me is a no-go.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJAluzion