Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

DJI Virtual Flight Software for PC, any one using it?

Barbara

Reaction score
There isn't a lot of info out there yet about the Virtual Flight software (PC) for the Avata, and less documentation. Much of what I've found is dated, and appears to be intended for the FPV drone.

I gather that the Virtual Flight App was initially released for iOS and the DJI FPV Drone. On DJI's download page, for the Avata, I see a version for Android and PC as well as the iOS version. Some older threads say that the software isn't compatible with the new Goggles 2.

What's your experience? Curious to know before I waste time installing the software.

Interesting, hadn't noticed it was available for PC. Seems to work with the RC but not the goggles.

Reactions: Barbara
Interesting, hadn't noticed it was available for PC. Seems to work with the RC but not the goggles.
Ya, well, tried it out, nada, no go! It doesn't support the Goggles 2 as you said. :(

Guess I'll try the iOS version, but I was really hoping to be able to view it on my nice big monitor....

Not seen that they had released a desktop version.
I tried but my RC doesn't seem to be detected, while it works fine with other simu.

It works both with the RC and MC for me. Had to connect/disconnect USB a couple of times for it to take.

No goggles involved since it doesn't support them. Just connect the controller's USB to the PC.

Reactions: Barbara
No goggles involved since it doesn't support them. Just connect the controller's USB to the PC.
Okay, feeling dumb... Thought it had to be the goggles that needed to be connected to the PC. Then I tried as you said with the MC and the program kept defaulting to the RC. So, finally I tried unplugging and plugging the MC back in and "VOILA"!!!!

So thanks, it all works now....WooHoo...

Reactions: okw
It works both with the RC and MC for me. Had to connect/disconnect USB a couple of times for it to take.
So tell me Kilrah, what do I need exactly, for this to work with my MC? Please include any download links if I need any. Thank you.

So tell me Kilrah, what do I need exactly, for this to work with my MC? Please include any download links if I need any. Thank you.
The simulator software installed on you PC, the MC, and a USB A to C cable (included with your Avata). Use the cable to plug the MC into your PC.

However, I would STRONGLY recommend against this solution, and use the simulator on your smartphone. You can use the goggles, and the RC or MC will be cable-less, just like when you actually fly.

I have a DJI FPV and the MC, and I've been flying the Avata in the simulator for weeks, and still don't have one yet 😁

....However, I would STRONGLY recommend against this solution, and use the simulator on your smartphone. You can use the goggles, and the RC or MC will be cable-less, just like when you actually fly.....
Might just have to try that (the cell phone and goggles) to get the full effect. The reason I, personally, use the PC solution is to to get practice with the MC and avoid the dizziness that I eventually get with the goggles. The dizziness is getting better, but I have to take breaks when using the gogggles.

Reactions: Jeff A
I had dizziness issues at first too. Some never adjust (hope that's not you, @Barbara!). Sitting and getting control of moving my head did the trick for me...

Reactions: pcgboca and Barbara
"The simulator software installed on you PC"
The simulator software installed on you PC, the MC, and a USB A to C cable (included with your Avata). Use the cable to plug the MC into your PC.

However, I would STRONGLY recommend against this solution, and use the simulator on your smartphone. You can use the goggles, and the RC or MC will be cable-less, just like when you actually fly.

I have a DJI FPV and the MC, and I've been flying the Avata in the simulator for weeks, and still don't have one yet 😁
Would this be the simulator software that I have been asking for a link to because it is not installed on my PC?

UN
Potrebbe essere sufficiente provare quello (il cellulare e gli occhiali) per ottenere il massimo effetto. Il motivo per cui, personalmente, utilizzo la soluzione per PC è per fare pratica con l'MC ed evitare le vertigini che alla fine provo con gli occhiali. Le vertigini stanno migliorando, ma devo fare delle pause quando uso gli occhiali

I had dizziness issues at first too. Some never adjust (hope that's not you, @Barbara!). Sitting and getting control of moving my head did the trick for me...
If I don't sit down when I fly FPV I am headed to the ER for a cat scan and I will be entering "The Concussion Protocol" for pilots :cool: Not a question of IF I will fall its when and what will I bumpmy head into......'cause I can't wear a helmet with the nose damaging goggles I have on.......the crap we put up with for a good HD FPV Experience...... :D

There isn't a lot of info out there yet about the Virtual Flight software (PC) for the Avata, and less documentation. Much of what I've found is dated, and appears to be intended for the FPV drone.

I gather that the Virtual Flight App was initially released for iOS and the DJI FPV Drone. On DJI's download page, for the Avata, I see a version for Android and PC as well as the iOS version. Some older threads say that the software isn't compatible with the new Goggles 2.

What's your experience? Curious to know before I waste time installing the software.
I think it's trash. Would strongly suggest TRYP FPV or Liftoff simulators

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax